Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DND? Anyone out there do DND? What about League? Anyone? Party IP weekend!  (Read 682 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod

I am looking to join some DND action, maybe something through roll20? Idk. Also, league has a part weekend, who wants to join me later for some of that?
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you're looking for players for D&D, your best bet is probably FGRP.
Unless you're talking about D&D Online, or Neverwinter.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod

I tried there a while back, no response. I thought I may be able to get something out of a different audience.  :-[
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Frankly, getting into games can sometimes be a matter of checking the FGRP page at the right time; D&D is very popular on this forum among those who play, so games fill up quickly.
If you want to play D&D, your best options are, as I see them:
A. Camp the FGRP board, watching for a new game to start.
      Pros: If you see a game pop up, you can jump on it.
      Cons: D&D games don't pop up every day. I would guess that we might have about one pop up every couple weeks. You might get unlucky and miss it, before it fills up.
B. Waitlist.
      Pros: Almost every game is accepting people to a waitlist.
      Cons: It may take a long time to get into a game.
C. Ask around. You might find someone in the stage of planning a game
      Pros: You can reserve a slot early, and maybe give some input about the game.
      Cons: You have to get lucky, and talk to someone planning to start a game.
D. Start your own!
      Pros: D&D when you want it! Most people are reasonably active, and will post frequently.
      Cons: Can be a lot of work, and can be intimidating, especially if you are just getting started.

Also, I know that Neonevik's Pathfinder game just opened up a new slot, because I just dropped out due to real-life scheduling conflicts. Pathfinder is very close to D&D 3.5, so I recommend checking that out.
If you decide to run your own, but don't know how to start, people around here are very friendly, and are more than willing to give advice and help, and even co-DM, if you need the extra support/guidance. My best piece is to look at two or three D&D games on the forums, and see how they run, and ask the DMs to explain why they did what they did.