Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Traitors?  (Read 1165 times)

letmeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Traitors?
« on: November 29, 2010, 10:53:32 pm »

So apparently I died from a rotting fb, then I look through legends and I find ruth something, killed 23 of my units, mostly military, and both the fb's. WTF, she was my best soldier, legendary in many things and given the best equipment. WHY DID SHE BETRAY?

ISGC

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatters Gonna Hat
    • View Profile
Re: Traitors?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 10:56:23 pm »

did you pay them?
Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 10:58:10 pm »

Maybe her sparring attacks counted as doing some sort of damage, such that she took credit when they died from the forgotten beast rot?
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

letmeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 11:08:16 pm »

I think it was because I attacked a dwarven caravan as the other attack was happening, and no it was not sparring, she mortally wounded a bunch of them and they bled to death, and she struck down the rest.

randompeep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 11:13:21 pm »

Maybe she went berserk while you were dealing with FB rot and you didn't see it?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 11:19:57 pm »

I think attacking a caravan from your own civilization leads to a "Loyalty Cascade". What happens, if I remember correctly, is that your dwarves change into enemies of their own civilization, then people that are from your own civ might randomly start attacking them in addition to the "traitors" interrupting other non-military dwarves. Anyone who attacks them becomes an enemy of their civilization too. That may be related to your dwarf "betraying".
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 11:21:48 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.