Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So I made a promise...  (Read 2558 times)

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So I made a promise...
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, 09:09:52 pm »

After consulting, she said "clear voice, definitely" and that it "should be pretty normal apart from having musical talent". So there you are.

A perfectly normal person made of 1000 degree molten rock.

Malaclypse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2010, 09:26:36 pm »

Hmm. So not so much a magmaman as in the magma elemental in the raws, but a human with magma as the material? I've been working on the magma_elemental creature in the raws, which uses the name 'magma man'. It's got a humanoid body, but no mouth, nose, ears, and so on. Would you like for me to switch over to using human as the base creature type?

(And don't worry about me having to start over- I'm actually enjoying this; it's giving me a chance to learn how to mod creatures.)

Random: Just for fun, I'm making it so the heart of gold can be crafted into a totem, if she gets killed and her corpse is butchered.

Oh, one more thing: Do you want the rock guitar to do anything special, or should it just be functionally identical to an axe or some other weapon? 'Cause I kinda like the idea of it shooting killer riffs in addition to being a melee weapon, even if they do absolutely nothing except make things notice you and decide to attack you.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 09:44:13 pm by Malaclypse »

Biopass

• Bay Watcher
  • Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2010, 10:20:53 pm »

The *Killer Riff* strikes the metalhead in the ear, tearing the ear and shattering the skull!
Urist McMetal has been struck down!
500 fps vanilla 4x4 embark. intel master race.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2010, 11:59:42 pm »

no mouth, nose, ears, and so on.
Nobody's perfect.

As for the guitar, feel free to be as creative as you like. :P
Do weapons get titles yet? Because I have a feeling this will deserve one.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2010, 12:17:51 am »

Only in fortress mode right now unfortunately. However this sounds kind of cool, maybe I'll consider adding this to my own game after its finished.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

nordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2010, 12:20:06 am »

*moving noise* is the official soundtrack of bay12.  Not a song...
Exerpt from townbrush.txt by Internet Kraken:

"Nobody wants to live in Townbrush, and for good reason. Almost everyone that has come to Townbrush has been eaten, stabbed, crushed, drowned, hacked, incinerated, or beaten to death with an octopre skin backpack. When we're not under siege, we're being attacked by Forgotten Beasts. And when we're not being attacked by Forgotten Beasts, there's probably a zombie whale crushing someone to death in the dining room."

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2010, 03:17:38 am »

This is the most awesome thing. I must have this.
くコ:彡

Urist McFly

• Bay Watcher
  • Looks like his importance is... Dwarfed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2010, 10:38:19 am »

I read "Magmamen" as "Megaman".

Mod this.

Malaclypse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2010, 03:17:00 pm »

An update: Okay, so, I've finished the creature files and mats and tissues, but just got an idea to have him bleed golden magma when his heart is damaged, so I'm going to work on adding that now. Then I've got the weapon to do, which should be pretty quick (I've already done the material for it, which is basically just steel with another name, (though if you'd rather something else I can change that very easily). Then the entity file (does anyone know what the bare bones for an entity file is- the minimum needed to make something playable in adventure mode without screwing anything up? I'm going to get around to making the magma man tribal civ eventually, but first comes the adventure mode version).

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2010, 03:39:35 pm »

does anyone know what the bare bones for an entity file is- the minimum needed to make something playable in adventure mode without screwing anything up?

CREATURE, INDIV_CONTROLLABLE, whatever items (and associated skills) you want them to use. I'm leery about removing every job, but it'd probably work without any.

Malaclypse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2010, 04:52:21 pm »

I haven't tested it yet, but I thought I'd go ahead and stick it up here anyway, in the meantime. Download it at the link at the bottom of this post, and put the extracted files in the raw folder in the dwarf fortress folder.

Enjoy!

(if I see any problems when I test it, I'll update it)

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3509

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2010, 05:01:36 pm »

First impressions:

It's not necessary to create new templates for a single creature.
Again, you don't need to define a template for the blood - I suggest you replace the BLOOD line with BLOOD:INORGANIC:GOLD:LIQUID. So long as it's defined as liquid in the BLOOD line, it'll stay liquid so long as it remains internal, and the magma man's hot enough to keep it that way if it seeps out.
The adjectival text on the killer riffs is a bit unusual ("The play strikes you in the upper body!").
Pages: 1 [2]