Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mayor mayor quite contrayor...  (Read 719 times)

ThrowerOfStones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Alea Iacta Est
Mayor mayor quite contrayor...
« on: November 28, 2010, 03:18:17 pm »

So my mayor was recently elected and they chose a Legendary Hammerdwarf. I thought this was sort of neat. However, he refuses to conduct the meeting with visiting diplomats. Although he has the job "Conduct meeting", he actually keeps working as a soldier - defending the burrows, training, etc.

Is there any way to get him to conduct the meeting, aside from removing him from service everytime a diplomat comes by?
The dead do not respond to context.
Pencil and Paper Blog Ahoy!

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mayor mayor quite contrayor...
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 03:27:16 pm »

Sadly, removal from service for the entirety of his term as mayor is your only option.
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 03:49:18 pm »

Just ragequit on your dwarves for making a useful dwarf a mayor. Kill them all until he gets delected for letting them all die.

I think I missed the logic train...
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 03:58:58 pm »

Wouldn't this prompt a siege if diplomats keeps leaving unhappy?  Maybe he just wants more practice...;)
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 04:16:29 pm »

Or replace him as mayor? Press r when hovering over him in the nobles screen and you can pick someone else.

I've been using that function to let my baron keep the office of mayor as well, in order to prevent me from having to build a new noble's quarters. I don't know if there are any unwanted side effects like unhappy thoughts in the ejected mayor though...
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

canon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 04:19:38 pm »

Or replace him as mayor? Press r when hovering over him in the nobles screen and you can pick someone else.

I've been using that function to let my baron keep the office of mayor as well, in order to prevent me from having to build a new noble's quarters. I don't know if there are any unwanted side effects like unhappy thoughts in the ejected mayor though...
you will get decorations with the mention of noble replacements, though..

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 04:57:13 pm »

you will get decorations with the mention of noble replacements, though..

What's wrong with that? Does it upset the guy who got replaced?
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.