Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ranged weapon awesomeness  (Read 1221 times)

xeivous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ranged weapon awesomeness
« on: December 13, 2010, 04:40:29 pm »

I've not seen many good stories of archery awesomeness, seen some throwing stories...

Anyways, I've decapitated someone, then hit the person behind him in the leg with a single arrow.

Also shot another guy's wang off...

Share your own stories!

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: Ranged weapon awesomeness
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 04:49:54 pm »

The only kill I've ever gotten with a bow in a straight-up, honorable battle, was when I threw my bow into a guy's eye and bruised his brain.

(heh, pic related I guess)
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 06:50:15 pm »

Headshots are always a welcome f& fun actor in ranged combat....especially from a good distance.

Though I remember a time when I was shooting an Elf full of +Elf tooth arrows+ & he kept on coming like a enraged PETA member. One shot actually pierced his heart...he stopped for a while...he then proceeded to rip it out off his chest aside from the the extreme pain and heavy bleeding & continued to rush at me.

He had guts, I respect that...so I went medieval on him with an -Elf bone throne- made from one of his partners.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

xeivous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 07:04:47 pm »

The only kill I've ever gotten with a bow in a straight-up, honorable battle, was when I threw my bow into a guy's eye and bruised his brain.

whats the story behind the pic anyways?

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 07:11:00 pm »

If I'm right somebody hit an adventurer with a bow, forcing it through his heart. Or the player attacked somebody with a bow, forcing it through their heart.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 07:12:15 pm »

You give love a bad name.

xeivous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 07:16:35 pm »

Makes sense I suppose...

also

this just happened to me
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 07:42:59 pm »

Midnight Monster Mates make amusing alliterations.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 12:18:12 am »

I need someone to draw a axedwarf all decked out in steel in a human tavern with dead bodies everywhere and with a crawling archer in the door way and a bow thro said dwarf's heart

I know this was a typo, but the mental image was too good to pass up...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

sirquote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 06:28:45 am »

When I played my first char. I chose a axdwarf and loved swinging my axs at enemy faces, I went on my first quest and was up against a lasher he came charging so I thought i'd try throwing something, turns out I had a silver great Axe that I found in a cave. I threw it and it lodged smack in his face brain tear etc etc  and i was just like .... HELL YEAHHH!!!!!

Of course at this point I think the game is easy and try to repeat with a lion, didn't turn out as good.

First post WEOOOOOeee

Aner-Dyfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 10:07:03 am »

I've generally found that throwing lions at bandits does work.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2010, 10:56:51 am »

same here
and FB's made of snow too  :D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2010, 04:32:03 pm »

My last character was an Elfin Archer. Instead of asking for a quest right off the bat she asked about the surroundings and found a close by lair. It had a troll inside, so she sneaks up and shoots it, KOing with one arrow and braining with a pomel strike from her dagger. Her first kill of any sort, obtained in two hits on a creature you usualy don't see until the Lords start giving quests.

Shortly afterward she found a goblin camp. After sneaking around and sniping off their archer for his metal ammo I decided it was time to shoot down the Warlord. My first shot veered off course missing him but still found a way to score a headshot on a nearby lasher. My next shot brained the warlord, but then I was spotted, rushed, and cut down by a hoard of goblins before she could notch her next arrow.