Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: idiotic shower-longing dwarfes  (Read 621 times)

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
idiotic shower-longing dwarfes
« on: November 27, 2010, 03:39:00 am »

built my reactor + sprinker system for the dining hall ...

the reactor tank has access over a up/downstair  (was for better digging..)  the area is forbidden to walk over .. bad enough i forgot a door (doing that now)

all of a sudden even if there is nothing around to fetch there my dwarfes start to go down plunging into the tank of the now active reactor ..(waterlevel because of that 2-5) just .. well standing around ...

are they nuts now? i mean more than usual?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 03:48:11 am by schussel »

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
Re: idiotic shower-longing dwarfes
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 04:16:33 am »

I assume you mean Dwarven Water Reactor, then? The way I build them, there isn't even a way to get inside. How exactly is this thing laid out?
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 04:31:17 am »

It could be the force of the water being pushed out of your pump into your sprinkler is pushing the dwarves around, you can build grates out of rock and metal (maybe wood too) and place them over any open spaces.  Fluids can pass through but dwarves can't.

Maybe forbid any rocks left over from digging out your reactor too, could be they are trying to stockpile something that is sometimes accessable as the water level changes.

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 04:33:42 am »

standard layout  just  an extra hole in the roof (and where i misdug because i was a bitty drunk when designing it )because i had to do some magic with the gears ..

btw i think i found the reason .. one of the builders that were supposed to set up doors got a child it crawled off and jumped into the reservoir .. mother after it and the others seem to just have been friends that enjoyed company .. o.O weird buggers

i now sealed everything off so that wont happen again

and no no stones .. i tend to clear off any stones before building stuff ..anywhere^^