Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Smelter jobs reordering themselves for the better?  (Read 1638 times)

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Smelter jobs reordering themselves for the better?
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, 12:57:06 am »

Haha, yeah pretty much. Is there such a thread currently active? Couldn't hurt to have a comprehensive "This is how jobs work" post.
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

GreenJelly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2010, 06:33:39 am »

I had no idea you could do this, though I'm kind of a newbie with fortress mode, so that's not all that strange. Will be really useful, especially when, as posted, setting up steel production and other things that require several steps in the production.
Jelly

Trouserman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2010, 12:37:52 pm »

if you REALLY don't want them rendering fat, then you should learn the neat trick that if you Suspend an auto-queue task like fat rendering.... it won't auto-add another job, so fat rendering just won't happen until you unsuspend it!
This is especially nice for getting rid of "Durrr I can't find the webs!" spam.

If that's a problem, you can also go to (o) Set Orders -> (W) Workshop Orders and turn off various auto workshop jobs from there.

Edit: It appears a bug currently causes auto butcher, fishery, and kitchen to be toggled together instead of separately, so suspended jobs might be preferable in some cases, if you want these three to behave differently from each other.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 12:46:36 pm by Trouserman »
Pages: 1 [2]