Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mayday graphics  (Read 752 times)

Darkness666

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Mayday graphics
« on: November 25, 2010, 12:16:12 pm »

Hello!

This is my first post ever on this forum, be warned for the nooblevel... ;)

Well i started playing dwarf fortress after reading this fantastic guide, and downloaded the starter pack there: http://afteractionreporter.com/2009/02/09/the-complete-and-utter-newby-tutorial-for-dwarf-fortress-part-1-wtf/

All went along nicely, and after finishing the guide i thought of trying DF 2010, i loved the tileset so as suggested i downloaded the last version from mike maydays page. After installing it, generating a new world and embarked, i realised it looked a lot different. all of the unexplored underground that was black before now had an ugly grey colour. The menu to the left that was black was now grey instead, only the text was inside small black bars. The whole terrain also looks different from the first version, perharps the base colour is changed from grey to black?

I dont know if this is an intended change, or just my computer that is behaving crazy, but the pictures i have seen on the web does not look like this. I have tried everything i can think of including googling for hours to try to find a solution or setting i can change, but nothing. IS there any way to make the new mayday graphics look like the ones in the link? Are they modified in some way? I am completely out of ideas and the game is kind of ruined for me if it have this boring grey look :(

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mayday graphics
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 01:01:47 pm »

Personally I prefer the highlighted look, but if you want to change it to the old look you can do the following:

Go to (your df folder)/data/init and open the file called init.

Look for [GRAPHICS_FONT:mayday.png] and [GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:mayday.png]; change the two mayday.png to mayday-sans-highlight.png

I'm pretty sure that will give you the older look.