Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sanitarium! Hospital layout  (Read 3425 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
Sanitarium! Hospital layout
« on: November 21, 2010, 11:49:10 am »

Can't find topic, but someone stated before, that dorfs get infection due to their grime that isn't removed. So, if you don't want to bother with soap making, you can install Santary System!
Let me show:

Code: [Select]
z=0, Hospital zone
WWWWWWWWWWW
W#########W
W#.#.#.#.#W
W#8#8#8#8#W - beds surrounded with grates
W#########W
WWWWWWWWWWW
z=1, Sanitary system

water source here
WW.W.W.W.WW
WW.W.W.W.WW
WWhWhWhWhWW - hatches
WWWWWWWWW

z=-1
.I.I.I.I. - Supports

Hatches a linked to lever (or slow repeater - for full automation) and we can wash patiens regulary.
Supports linked to another lever and used when dorf gets wounds not compatible with work - loss of leg or something. So we can drop him down - magma or water can help alot, without needing to feed him and wait till he die because of infecion.
The empty spase near bed left for table or traction bench, that got to be installed once treatment needs that
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 01:02:59 pm by peregarrett »
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
Re: Sanitarium! Hospital layout
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 12:30:05 pm »

Just installing a mist generator should work ...
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Namfuak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 02:04:11 pm »

From what I've read, those don't put water on the dwarf long enough for it to actually wash them.  It just makes them wet.

I like the support idea,  that would make getting rid of dwarves easier.  If your water reservoir is below them I doubt you'll be using magma though.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 02:15:27 pm »

Also, slightly off-topic, you know "Sanitarium" Is the word for a mental assylum, right?..... On the other hand, it DOES fit well with your plan. I usually Use the two floodgate method. Sure there's the occasional drowning issue, but my dorfs are expendable.

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 02:26:05 pm »

Also, slightly off-topic, you know "Sanitarium" Is the word for a mental assylum, right?..... On the other hand, it DOES fit well with your plan. I usually Use the two floodgate method. Sure there's the occasional drowning issue, but my dorfs are expendable.
Oh, so basically it should be the name of the fort?

The downside I see with this layout is that you can't have traction benches and tables right next to the beds. It bothers the patients being carried very far right?
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 02:51:59 pm »

From what I've read, those don't put water on the dwarf long enough for it to actually wash them.  It just makes them wet.

I like the support idea,  that would make getting rid of dwarves easier.  If your water reservoir is below them I doubt you'll be using magma though.
Well, we can dry water and fill it with magma... but i think water is enough

Oh, so basically it should be the name of the fort?

The downside I see with this layout is that you can't have traction benches and tables right next to the beds. It bothers the patients being carried very far right?
There is empty floor near each bed, exactly for placing traction bench or table - whatever is needed for now. You can do with 3x1 cells to place them both:
Code: [Select]
#####
#TBt# - Traction , bed, table
#####
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 02:55:09 pm by peregarrett »
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 07:44:23 pm »

Ew, that's a waste of a lot of furniture, and my mason and mechanic are both likely to end up legendary well before my carpenter so I'll have to go through the trouble of making other dwarves create those or else have the guys tantrum when their masterpieces are lava'd.

...Can you deconstruct a bed with a patient in it? If so you could just force them moved into an otherwise locked room with the bed-over-a-support setup.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 01:11:50 am »

Ew, that's a waste of a lot of furniture, and my mason and mechanic are both likely to end up legendary well before my carpenter so I'll have to go through the trouble of making other dwarves create those or else have the guys tantrum when their masterpieces are lava'd.

...Can you deconstruct a bed with a patient in it? If so you could just force them moved into an otherwise locked room with the bed-over-a-support setup.
Why shold they tantrun? thier beloved masterwork table won't be destroyed, just deconstructed, and can be reused after you drain water reservior under beds and get those items safely

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 05:14:16 pm »

Why shold they tantrun? thier beloved masterwork table won't be destroyed, just deconstructed, and can be reused after you drain water reservior under beds and get those items safely
We'd been talking about draining the water to have the bed over magma.

sdrawkcabcM tsirU

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2010, 05:47:14 pm »

Hatches a linked to lever (or slow repeater - for full automation) and we can wash patiens regulary.
Supports linked to another lever and used when dorf gets wounds not compatible with work - loss of leg or something. So we can drop him down - magma or water can help alot, without needing to feed him and wait till he die because of infecion.
The empty spase near bed left for table or traction bench, that got to be installed once treatment needs that
Very nice. The levers for dumping the patient reminds me of the Theme Hospital opening movie.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2010, 05:49:11 pm »

Brilliant!

A mist generator will drop a small amount of water and mist on the same tiles again and again, and if you build your beds on those tiles, your dorfs will be continually bathed with water and kept very happy with mist.

I must implement this immediately!  :D

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2010, 06:50:42 pm »

a wet dwarf= a clean dwarf, the water system isn't advanced enough to actually implement any sort of "Cleaning timers" to dwarves in water or mist, so a water coating to anything just removes any and all contaminants on them instantly, including the ones on their clothes.

All this has been discussed in This Thread Here:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=70899.msg1728523#msg1728523