Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sacrifical Help  (Read 705 times)

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sacrifical Help
« on: February 12, 2011, 03:53:28 pm »

How can I drop things off a good ol' sacrificial tower?

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
Re: Sacrifical Help
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 03:55:12 pm »

Dump them on a bridge.

Spork The Slightly Insane

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McWrestler cancels attack: sent into orbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 03:56:42 pm »

Put an animal stockpile around the area you want to dump stuff off of. Make sure the open space is designated at a pit.
Or, b-j and build cages on a bridge of some sort, link them all up to a lever, then pull to release them. The retract the bridge

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 04:03:14 pm »

Normally, like with captured gobo, make a pit zone, and assign the creatures to it.  For goblin thieves/snatchers and some wild animals, they tend to escape, so make the area around the pit as an animal stockpile, so they'll be instantly pitted as soon as assigned.

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 04:08:48 pm »

I like to use the same principle as danger rooms to get my sacrifices to jump to their deaths of their own accord.

Set up an area to build your cages, make the only way out of that area a narrow walkway covered in weapon traps loaded with training spears with 10+ level drops on either side.  Link up a lever to the cages, pull the lever, let the occupants try to flee across the catwalk then proceed to dodge the training spears and in the process jump off the edge to their splattery death.

I like to set up a few cage traps at the end entrance to this area to catch anything lucky enough to make it across the catwalk, so I can send them back for another run through the gauntlet.
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.