Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Finding a fortress in Adventure mode  (Read 784 times)

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Finding a fortress in Adventure mode
« on: December 06, 2010, 05:12:03 pm »

I'm ready to retire my current adventurer and since just retiring in a village is for cowards, I've decided to go to the HFS and die fighting clowns. I really don't want to have to spend a few hours wandering through the caverns (I've done it before, don't want to do it again) so I started a fortress, dug down to the third cavern level, and abandoned. Unfortunately, due to the embarking map looking vastly different from the one I can see in adventure mode I'm not entirely sure where my fortress was. I've got two questions. Are old fortresses automatically in the quest log site list, and if they are, is there some sort of search function for that? It's practically worthless if there isn't once, considering how it's not even in alphabetical order.
So, I tediously awaited the arrival of the dwarven caravan (I'm set up on a island, see)... And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

Sinnyil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Finding a fortress in Adventure mode
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 09:23:39 am »

Ask a random person about surroundings.  Make sure you know the translated name of your fort.

And ask again.

And again.

And again.

Eventually they'll tell you where it is.  You can then find it like you do quests.  Q -> t (I think, can't check right now).  Whichever one tracks sites.

Generally your fort will be the last one on the list, regardless of the alphabet or when the person you were plying for information told you about it.  I'm pretty sure it sorts sites by year built. 
Sinnyil cancels rest:  Playing dwarf fortress.