Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Oh sweet Jesus Christ (spoilers)  (Read 1081 times)

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Oh sweet Jesus Christ (spoilers)
« on: November 21, 2010, 01:03:26 pm »

Embark on a volcano/forest and immediately get a single 'cavern collapse' message. I look at the bottom of the volcano, as I always do, and I can see the glowing pits! And hell is being flooded with magma from the volcano and sea! WTF?

EDIT: DF reveal revealed that while the obsidian walls were holding, the magma just seems to go straight through slade walls. Also, there were a truckload of demons (five/six pages).

Pretty annnoyed; it was a good embark with a demonic fortress at the bottom.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 01:09:04 pm by EddyP »

ShadowDragon8685

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oh sweet Jesus Christ (spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 01:32:45 pm »

I think you mean "sweet armok christ!"

Sounds like you should abandon, make an uber-adventurer, come back as the adventurer, clean out the demons (this might take forever,) then reclaim.

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 01:40:41 pm »

I think you mean "sweet armok christ!"

Sounds like you should abandon, make an uber-adventurer, come back as the adventurer, clean out the demons (this might take forever,) then reclaim.

That would involve jumping down the volcano, unless you would have me make a stairway to hell at 0 FPS. And that still wouldn't solve the problem of hell being flooded by magma.

ShadowDragon8685

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 01:49:07 pm »

Use the DF Hack tool to paint obsidian walls to plug up the volcano? Those demons will fly up soon enough, though.