Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves don't want to remove beds  (Read 746 times)

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
Dwarves don't want to remove beds
« on: November 21, 2010, 02:59:24 pm »

I tried every thing. I have four haulers with nothing but furniture hauling enabled. They all idle the whole day (them and many others dwarves). The beds were rooms before, and i thinked it was maybe the cause of the bug, but no. I verified the pathfinding and it is all right: hell, my dwarves walk on them, but they don't remove them. It's been two years in game i have been waiting. I can't even Atom-smash them because they are buildings!

Help me! I don't like the worst case scenario (magma)!

Gr33kjester

• Bay Watcher
  • Marxism - For those who VALUE their Booze...
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves don't want to remove beds
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 03:01:54 pm »

I tried every thing. I have four haulers with nothing but furniture hauling enabled. They all idle the whole day (them and many others dwarves). The beds were rooms before, and i thinked it was maybe the cause of the bug, but no. I verified the pathfinding and it is all right: hell, my dwarves walk on them, but they don't remove them. It's been two years in game i have been waiting. I can't even Atom-smash them because they are buildings!

Help me! I don't like the worst case scenario (magma)!
Welcome to Dwarf fortress!
But seriously, those dwarf are even more retarded than the usual bunch...
AND MAGMA IS GREAT COMRADE!
DWARFS EMBRACE MAGMA COMRADE!
Back to being serious: Try us designating them and re designating them though...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 03:04:54 pm by Gr33kjester »
This is an enscribed adamantine dwarf-leg hammer.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes OF SHEER AWESOMENESS.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 03:06:43 pm »

Yea. I will use magma. The fun fact in this little story is that I want to remove the beds because they block an space for a draw bridge... Used for a magma trap ^^ It will be just like a test to see if every thing is working, with one less bridge.

SmokedRWA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 03:21:38 pm »

Make sure you didn't forbid them or mark them for dumping or anything by accident. Hit T and check them out.

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 03:23:26 pm »

Also, you need a stockpile that can take furniture, otherwise they'll just leave the beds there.