Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarf-of-all-Trades  (Read 1860 times)

duckInferno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf-of-all-Trades
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2010, 08:11:07 pm »

I think I read something about the new release for secondary weapons
might just be for adventure mode, however, let me check

>(*)added aimed attacks, random combat opportunities and the ability to use secondary attacks/weapons (both adv mode and dwf mode combat reports)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=70229.0
I'm unsure if this means fortress mode dwarves are able to carry secondary weapons or what, but I wouldn't count on it

I think this means using shield bashing/punching/kicking/biting etc
HAHAHA YES MY EXPIDITION LEADER IS PARTYING WITH GHOSTS THIS IS THE BEST UPDATE EVER

Fanklok

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Table User
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2010, 01:44:12 am »

to bad you can't... if you could that would be sick!
a fully armored tank of a dwarf with two crossbows!

You lack vision, why only two crossbows? I'm sure he can carry at least 11 more crossbows with various other body parts. This can be used as a major problem solver by modding kittens to be used as ammunition.
How the hell did you get a table stuck in a guy?
Where did you even GET the table?

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2010, 04:08:28 am »

What if you give them more arms? Can antpeople use e.g. multiple missile weapons like they can spears?

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2010, 06:28:56 am »

What if you give them more arms? Can antpeople use e.g. multiple missile weapons like they can spears?

Antpeople use blowguns so that's not very effective
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Skald

• Bay Watcher
  • Longbeard
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2010, 07:13:15 pm »

Antpeople use blowguns so that's not very effective

Well last I checked ant people only have one mouth, so they can only fire a blowgun at a time.
Which is probably faster to reload one than it is to move another one from a different arm towards the mouth area... Thing.

nordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2010, 07:29:13 pm »

I just had a single dwarf hunter fight off 6 elf ambushers, killed 3.  He was using a steel Warhammer crossbow.

Edit: major grammatical error...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 07:31:00 pm by nordak »
Exerpt from townbrush.txt by Internet Kraken:

"Nobody wants to live in Townbrush, and for good reason. Almost everyone that has come to Townbrush has been eaten, stabbed, crushed, drowned, hacked, incinerated, or beaten to death with an octopre skin backpack. When we're not under siege, we're being attacked by Forgotten Beasts. And when we're not being attacked by Forgotten Beasts, there's probably a zombie whale crushing someone to death in the dining room."

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2010, 08:00:44 pm »

I like crossbows.

Ehm...so yeah, steel crossbows for my dwarves, even if they're lower quality than the wooden ones. Marksdwarves simply get tangled up in melee situations way to often to be given non-smackable weaponry.
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2010, 08:10:17 pm »

I've adopted the habit of assigning one melee dwarf to every ranged squad.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2010, 08:53:57 pm »

I'd make it two, in case one decides he's not in the mood for fighting.
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

crappypappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2010, 11:55:46 pm »

i havnt tried em yet but in the civilization mod there are thowing weapons like 5 different types that u can make but i think thats just ammo for the longarm weapon so check that out dont think they can use the longarm in melee however er well not effectivly i dont know how effextive itd be but there ya go and a link

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=31157.0
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

Skald

• Bay Watcher
  • Longbeard
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2010, 12:31:35 am »

That's actually the mod I've been using for quite a while now. Huh, you say it has throwing weapons?

crappypappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2010, 01:22:40 am »

check the weapon longarm at the bottom of the new weapons on the first page it says longarm used to propel throwingweapons long distances i know dwarves can make it ive seen it before along with a few throwing weapons in my workshops never made one though
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.
Pages: 1 [2]