Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblins killing eachother.  (Read 1418 times)

vonkebabosh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Goblins killing eachother.
« on: November 19, 2010, 11:39:37 am »

Hi
The usual "An ambush! Curse them" comes up on the screen and as always there is a pack of goblins somewhere.
But instead of attacking me they start bashing eachother to bits and retreat (1 or 2 might attack).
Why is that?

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: Goblins killing eachother.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 11:42:32 am »

On a more serious note, I think that's a bug.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 11:45:20 am »

The goblin clans decided to settle their disputes and attack the hated dwarf fortress of Hatefortress, but when their arrived they started an argument about which clan entered the map first, someone hit someone else and soon there was a massacre.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 11:47:50 am »

When the combined IQ of five individuals is less than that of a single lemming-like dwarf there is no reason for them not to engage in pointless self destruction.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

TheJackal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 12:11:35 pm »

Hi
The usual "An ambush! Curse them" comes up on the screen and as always there is a pack of goblins somewhere.
But instead of attacking me they start bashing eachother to bits and retreat (1 or 2 might attack).
Why is that?

Two different Goblin Civs?

nordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 12:15:04 pm »

I noticed this as well, but they were a part of the same siege. Appeared to cause a loyalty cascade, and two squads killed each other off.
Exerpt from townbrush.txt by Internet Kraken:

"Nobody wants to live in Townbrush, and for good reason. Almost everyone that has come to Townbrush has been eaten, stabbed, crushed, drowned, hacked, incinerated, or beaten to death with an octopre skin backpack. When we're not under siege, we're being attacked by Forgotten Beasts. And when we're not being attacked by Forgotten Beasts, there's probably a zombie whale crushing someone to death in the dining room."

vonkebabosh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 12:29:12 pm »

The ambush came and I checked where they were. They were 6 or so not important. It was the 6 that fought eachother.
I got multiple ambushes at the same time, and they all would fight themselfs.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 02:25:16 pm »

It could just be that there are two goblin fortresses and they are at war.  Having said so I once had a goblin loyalty cascade after a reclaim of a fortress that really fell to a titan, but the titan (a coral something with mandibles--we cut off the mandibles. and arms. and legs. but not the head). Thankfully a goblin siege came and they took out the titan and the sole survivor. when I reclaimed there were a LOT of goblins hanging out. And they attacked invading goblins, and then each other in a loyalty casade.  Only one survived, he was a legendary hammergoblin, he was surrounded by dead goblins on the map and never joined an adventurer of mine no matter how leveled i was--too cool for me.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 04:41:00 pm »

Earlier I embarked on an elven outpost (not possible anymore huh? :() and it went crazy. elves murdering eachother left and right

I looked into the legends and found that there had been a war and the outpost had been occupied. Elves had fled, peace trieaties had been signed, elves had travelled back to the place, they had married and had children .. then another conflict arose I think .. i never got to the bottom of it.

What i do know, however, is that elves who died were walking around with new memberships and former memberships and all kinds of luggage. worldgen set them up to go bananas and as soon as you visit them you "activate" this and it turns into a massive free-for-all.

its awesome isnt it :D
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

duckInferno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 08:19:04 pm »

I've had this in two fortresses in a row now (separate worlds).  Only one goblin civ, but I noticed in the second one that it appears that my human civ conquered a dark fortress or something and folded some goblins into its ranks (or vice versa?).  When ambushes show up, the goblins fight the human mercenaries in their own band.  Sometimes they attack other goblins, whom I assume are related to the humans somehow.

tldr; I think it's a bug concerning takeovers by/of dark fortresses..
HAHAHA YES MY EXPIDITION LEADER IS PARTYING WITH GHOSTS THIS IS THE BEST UPDATE EVER

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2010, 09:13:56 pm »

I've had this in two fortresses in a row now (separate worlds).  Only one goblin civ, but I noticed in the second one that it appears that my human civ conquered a dark fortress or something and folded some goblins into its ranks (or vice versa?).  When ambushes show up, the goblins fight the human mercenaries in their own band.  Sometimes they attack other goblins, whom I assume are related to the humans somehow.

tldr; I think it's a bug concerning takeovers by/of dark fortresses..

I think you're right.