Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FB vs crudle (spoiler?)  (Read 1223 times)

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
FB vs crudle (spoiler?)
« on: November 19, 2010, 11:21:27 pm »

Ok I know that FBs without limbs have been nerfed alot, but my FB made of salt got killed by a solitary crundle... it was sad. Could've at least had poison blood or something to kill the damn crundles.

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FB vs crudle (spoiler?)
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 11:35:33 pm »

The ones made of salt and such could maybe become cowards in future versions.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 11:37:09 pm »

The problem isn't that limbless forgotten beasts were nerfed - the problem is that forgotten beasts made of the "builtin" materials (amber, coral, green glass, clear glass, crystal glass, water, coal, potash, ash, pearlash, lye, mud, vomit, salt, brown filth, yellow filth, white "unknown substance", and grime, though I don't think all of those are actually eligible for selection by forgotten beasts) are complete pushovers due to said materials all having placeholder values for all physical properties (all YIELD and FRACTURE values are 10000, all STRAIN_AT_YIELD values are 0) and can thus be broken apart with little or no effort.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 11:46:28 pm »

Ok.. I understand the salt one is made of failure, but I'm legitimatly scared of these crundles now. They also took down a one-eyed tick FB by zerging the poor thing. But hey, at least I no longer have 250 crundles *shudders*

Harudoku

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼«☼Dwarf Fortress☼»☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 01:26:48 am »

The answer is total Crundle genocide.

They're really not all too tough.

And, worst-case scenario, you get to have FUN! It's win-win.

Encased in burning magma

• Bay Watcher
  • Nekkid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 01:42:07 am »

Ok.. I understand the salt one is made of failure, but I'm legitimatly scared of these crundles now. They also took down a one-eyed tick FB by zerging the poor thing. But hey, at least I no longer have 250 crundles *shudders*

Send in a few goods axedwarves, and a great many lower bodies will fly off in an arc.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 01:45:44 am »

There is a reason some beasts are forgotten.  :P

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 01:58:36 am »

The problem isn't that limbless forgotten beasts were nerfed - the problem is that forgotten beasts made of the "builtin" materials (amber, coral, green glass, clear glass, crystal glass, water, coal, potash, ash, pearlash, lye, mud, vomit, salt, brown filth, yellow filth, white "unknown substance", and grime, though I don't think all of those are actually eligible for selection by forgotten beasts) are complete pushovers due to said materials all having placeholder values for all physical properties (all YIELD and FRACTURE values are 10000, all STRAIN_AT_YIELD values are 0) and can thus be broken apart with little or no effort.

Not entirely correct. One of the many FB to attack Townbrush was a giant stick insect made out of grime. He took out over a dozen dwarves (I think) before he eventually fell to the ground. Definitely was not a pushover.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 02:31:50 am »

I guess they can still make a good mess if they got a dust attack. One of those once cost me a full squad of legendary spear dwarves.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!