Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Prisoners  (Read 1241 times)

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Prisoners
« on: November 18, 2010, 08:13:54 am »

Just found a prisoner marmot in a human fortress. He asked me to "get him out" when I offered him to join (though he stated he did not need my services before). So I led him out, noone tried to stop me (strange, but I did not check my reputation with the fortress civ).

He follows me now, and is quite capable in combat. Strange thing was that he was fully armored and armed even when imprisoned. But he outrun me when attacking an outlaw camp and gutted their leader before I could even come to melee range. He seems to be really fast.
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
Re: Prisoners
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 08:17:26 am »

Being a prisoner is more a matter of principle i believe - I have many many companions ive recruited this way, and they all seem pretty reliable, with the exception of the odd pathetic one.

I guess he was guilty of something, and wanted to just serve his sentence?
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Sunday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 09:45:56 am »

Sorry, am I just misreading something?

A prisoner marmot? Like the rodent? That is armed and armored?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 10:02:47 am »

Just what I was thinking...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 10:10:50 am »

I'm pretty sure he meant a marmot clown. I had a squirrel one in my party not to long ago.

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 10:15:02 am »

Yea, it's description said it's a twisted creature or something, just like the shadow beasts you have to kill during quests. So it was a demon, probably. The most amazing thing is - my original hero was killed, and I started a second one, and I just met this demon while searching a troll's lair! What a coincidence, he had two scars, and was boasting about his victories during the first adventure, but he did not let me recruit him. What a pity.
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 10:34:26 am »

I had a similar incident, apparently a "Wombat Brute" was captured by humans or something and taken prisoner, so I made him join my party since there were no other melee fighters and I hate range fighters. I thought he was shit, but when we get a simply massive ambush of goblins, with heavy losses on both sides and there I was, dying on the ground. A group of goblins charge towards me but lo and behold, the brute jumps out of a tree and has an epic slicing, arm-ripping bite, curbstomp and mach punch fest. The best part? He only had a copper slicing knife.

My creature mostly matched yours in appearance, it was a twisted creature with horns and a tail, along with various other parts.

Vicid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 03:17:21 pm »

I had something like that but a demon. He kept spouting vapors that (AFAIK) did nothing harmful... but coated everything D=