Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven Thieves  (Read 616 times)

AW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarven Thieves
« on: February 08, 2008, 12:03:00 pm »

It's not what you think (from the Belmont Club blog:  http://fallbackbelmont.blogspot.com/2008/02/heigh-ho.html)

Friday, February 08, 2008
Heigh-ho
I'll bet that when Donald Rumsfeld warned America would face threats from "unknown unknowns" he never imagined this new menace unearthed by the Swedish police.

The Register reports:

Swedish police are quizzing "people of limited stature" with criminal records following a spate of robberies from the cargo holds of coaches - possibly carried out by dwarves smuggled onboard in sports bags. According to the Sun, the gang responsible pack their vertically-challenged accomplices into bags and stick them in with other passengers' luggage. The undercover operatives then rifle the hold for valuables before resealing themselves in their hiding place, to be extracted later by another gang member at the coach's final destination. ...

Michael Chertoff at the DHS recently described its efforts to protect the country from dangerous things. "This past year, as promised, we got to the point of scanning a hundred percent of containers coming into our southern border, and almost a hundred percent of containers coming into our nation’s seaport. And we’re at 91 percent scanning for radiation at our northern border. We want to continue building out to virtually a hundred percent scanning by the end of this year. And we also want to continue to expand our Container Security Initiative, as we have done to 58 ports, as I speak now."

But who would have thought of dwarves?

hen smiley and capital U meets, you better be afraid!  -- Deto on interbreeding in DF

Run Comrades

• Bay Watcher
  • Jovian Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/acylon
Re: Dwarven Thieves
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 12:30:00 pm »

That is a brilliant plan, if I do say so myself!  Dwarves in bags!  I love it!

Dreamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Thieves
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 02:09:00 pm »

I think Toady was just earning some cash on the side.

Step 1: Put dwarves in handbags.
Step 2: ???
Step 3: PROFIT!

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲/
◄Nothing Beats Menacing►
/▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼\