Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is there anything wrong with this reaction?  (Read 532 times)

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
Is there anything wrong with this reaction?
« on: November 17, 2010, 07:58:27 pm »

[REACTION:MAKE_PEARLASH]
   [NAME:make pearlash]
   [BUILDING:KILN:CUSTOM_P]
   [REAGENT:A:150:1:BAR:NONE:CHARCOAL:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NONE:PEARLASH:NONE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
   [SKILL:SMELT]

I tried to make the making of pearlash a bit easier to speed things up (I am getting tired of micromanaging glass production for my mega project). However, when I run this in the kiln the dwarves go and grab stone blocks and cloth bags for some reason.

Edit: It actually seems like they are grabbing random items. I just tried running it again and they grabbed some barrels, a bin, some bags, and stone blocks.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 08:07:12 pm by Halnoth »
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Is there anything wrong with this reaction?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 09:13:48 pm »

There is something wrong with it. They're trying to grab 150 of the item type "1" subtype "BAR" with the material type "NONE" subtype "CHARCOAL" index "NONE." Since there are no 1s in the game, it doesn't know what to do, so it takes whatever it can get ahold of.

If you want the reaction to actually turn a bar of fuel into a bar of pearlash, the REAGENT line should read:

[REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:COAL:NO_MATGLOSS]

Also, in the future, refer to preexisting reactions. I got that line from the steel-making reaction, just switching the reagent internal identifier name from D to A.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!