Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help with Armor Size  (Read 516 times)

Inspiration

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Help with Armor Size
« on: November 17, 2010, 10:50:17 pm »

So, in the spirit of finding cool things in adventure mode, minus the frustration of starting a new adventurer every little bit, I'm trying to get armor made of the shiny stuff. However, I've been unable to find what I should be putting in to get dwarf-sized baseplates, instead of human sized ones. Help a newbie out?

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Armor Size
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 11:18:16 pm »

You're going to have to make adamantine wafers and have a dwarf forge them into adamantine armor. All custom reactions make human-sized armors, and this fact is hardcoded; no modding can change it. Since you can't actually get a dwarf to forge things in adventurer mode, you're going to have to do make a fort to do it in.

I'd suggest making 4 custom reactions that work at a smelter. One should give adamantine wafers and fuel, for free. Another should make lead bins, also for free. Both should take no fuel. The other two should take the Weaponsmith and Armorsmith labors to run, and otherwise be free. Then, start a fort in a safe region with an anvil, all the food and booze you can afford, and a dwarf with Weaponsmith and Armorsmith at Proficient level, and just have the dwarf make a couple of lead bins, all the adamantine you need, and then have them train the two smithing skills until the food is almost gone. Then, with his last breaths, have him forge the best-quality adamantine weapons and armor you'd need, stick down a weapon/armor stockpile, and store those things in lead bins. Then, after your fortress crumbles, come by with an adventurer and seek out the bins full of goodies; they're lead, so they'll move relatively little compared to if you left the super-lightweight adamantine equipment free.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Inspiration

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Armor Size
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 11:21:33 pm »

Drat. Well, thanks for the help. Off to mass produce lead bins!