Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: That's my congressman!  (Read 1420 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
That's my congressman!
« on: November 16, 2010, 11:08:23 am »

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1110/45181.html

This guy's supporters, btw, did everything short of lynch the previous guy over a healthcare bill that he didn't even vote for.

God I hate congressional districts.  Would it be that crazy to have proportional representation?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: That's my congressman!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 11:28:39 am »

Harris, a Maryland state senator who works at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore and several hospitals on the Eastern Shore, also told the audience, “This is the only employer I’ve ever worked for where you don’t get coverage the first day you are employed,” his spokeswoman Anna Nix told POLITICO.

Welcome to the real world, motherf**ker. I didn't even HAVE employer-provided insurance when I was a contractor, and even when I got on full-time, I had to wait a month. If this guy is serious about being a Teabagger, he should refuse government-provided insurance on principle.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 11:40:16 am »

“He stood up and asked the two ladies who were answering questions why it had to take so long, what he would do without 28 days of health care,” said a congressional staffer who saw the exchange.
Dude, you're rich as f(_)ck. You can pay for it yourself for a month.

Also, when I pasted that, it added stuff that wasn't part of the line I copied. I dislike web sites that jack my clipboard >:(.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 11:46:57 am »

I really wish someone had just told him, "Do what everyone else does: don't get sick."

EDIT: Even better, since he's a doctor and a conservative, someone should have quoted Luke 4:23, "Physician, heal thyself."

« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 12:00:59 pm by RedKing »

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 12:44:17 pm »

Heh.

Spreggo

• Bay Watcher
  • A vile force of darkness has arrived!
    • View Profile
    • skullsprout games
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 12:49:39 pm »

This is why people stop voting.
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 01:32:39 pm »

America's right-wing politics never fails to amaze me. Neither does the sheer amount of working class people voting for them, either.
The Ashikaga Dynasty - A Europa Universalis 3 Let's Play - Sadly Cancelled Due To Bugs

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 01:35:33 pm »

Remember, these guys were elected because the existing politicians were "out of touch with real Americans".

If we could bottle and sell bitter irony, the economy would be well on the road to recovery.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 02:00:11 pm »

I feel you brother.  My Congressman?  Peter Sessions, head of the National Republican Congressional Committee, i.e. the guy in charge of getting other Republicans elected, and by extension quite a bit of the crazy bullshit you got to hear on the news over the year, along with shit like this-

Quote from: Man of the People
On redistricting, Sessions wrote that the NRCC’s program “for understanding each state’s redistricting process and working with state legislators to prepare for them” will continue so the Republicans can “maximize our advantage.”

Gee, you gotta respect a legislator who out and out endorses the structural disenfranchising of minority-majority populations through creative map-drawing.  And he's putting that platform to good use-

Quote from: Look at this Bullshit
Well, I call an assault on the free enterprise system when you cause heavy taxation -- when you do things like health care, cap and trade, car check. I think you do it when you have a fight against rich versus poor. I think you have an assault on the free enterprise system when you rely upon them for higher taxation to where they are not competitive, not only around the world but not here at home

Yeah, well the poor have a president in Barack Obama that they overwhelmingly elected, and the president has unemployment numbers that have never been seen by this country. The African American unemployment in this country is as high as it's ever been. ... I did not refer to him as the president of the poor. I referred to him as an African American president. And African Americans have very high unemployment.

So yeah, that's the guy I have to write to if I want to talk to my government.  Nice guy, huh?  Could be worse; the Congressman representing my college's district is like like talking to a brick wall on anything not related to knobbing petroleum's bone.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Spreggo

• Bay Watcher
  • A vile force of darkness has arrived!
    • View Profile
    • skullsprout games
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 02:27:20 pm »

I have a solution to this whole health care thing:

I think the government should just outlaw being sick.

We could fine or punish those who contract diseases. Much less people will get sick for fear of being locked up. This method, focusing on effect rather than cause, has been wildly successful in our war on drugs and poverty.

The government really needs to step up and start protecting us from ourselves.

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 03:59:45 pm »

Lock up anyone with the flu, huge fines for anyone with a broken leg, and the penalty for leukemia is death.

That'll teach those sick bastards.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 07:18:34 pm »

He could always barter chickens for his healthcare like everyone else should have to.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2010, 10:04:25 pm »

Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2010, 10:05:36 pm »

I feel so nice and warm inside when people do that.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate