Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Noble hierarchy  (Read 621 times)

killran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Noble hierarchy
« on: November 16, 2010, 02:37:07 pm »

Just a question regarding if the titles of a kingdom's important people (e.g. Lord/Lady, General etc) actually have a ranking system which results a specific title being given to the ruler.

After killing some bandits I found some coins which were made during the rule of Busla Sticktempest in the Kingdom of Balancing. As his name was on these coins I assume he is the ruler at that time. A look in legends told me that he was still alive and was the current law-giver of the Kingdom of Balancing. So I am wondering if all law-givers are considered the kings of whichever empire they are a part of or if a noble with a different title is just as likely to find his/her name on coins. As he created lots of lord positions since becoming law-giver I guess that the positon of law-giver is considered more worthy than lord/lady.

Sorry if this makes no sense (confusing myself while typing it :P)! Pretty much are all law-givers the rulers of their given kingdoms; and if so are certain postions considered more important than others in human nobility?