Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (38c) Adventurer dwarf becoming random things  (Read 906 times)

Cappy

• Escaped Lunatic
  • I Love Anime
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kickitsfaceoff.com
(38c) Adventurer dwarf becoming random things
« on: June 18, 2008, 08:07:02 pm »

Preface:
I changed Dwarves to Speed 1, Swim Speed 1, No Eat, Drink, Sleep, Breath. I'm not sure if this caused the bug.

Bug:
I swam into a large lake (small ocean?) and went into it about 1 map tile. I got bored after there were no enemies in sight (possibly because I was in an ocean) so I swam back to where I jumped in. After I got out of the ocean, I used T to travel and noticed I was still on an ocean map tile. I went diagonally to get out of the ocean and back to land map tiles. I was forced into an encounter while still on the ocean map tile.

The enemy were just named Zombie (no identifier about their former selves); they were l's if that helps. I was also on the ocean floor. I tried to attack one but it grabbed on to me so I retreated. I noticed I no longer had my mace, shield, or an inventory. I was renamed Githuhode and had no skills and my body parts were that of a fish.

I swam to the edge of the water again and jumped out. It renamed me something (I forget). I checked my status and I was still a fish I think. I traveled again and my view went to a glacier. I had become a dwarf from a previous fortress migrating somewhere.

Traveling again I became yet another dwarf from yet another fortress. Not sure what I broke but it's pretty trippy.

Nite/m4re

• Bay Watcher
  • Too Deep
    • View Profile
Re: (38c) Adventurer dwarf becoming random things
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 08:28:58 pm »

Wow, speed 10000.  :o

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: (38c) Adventurer dwarf becoming random things
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 08:49:13 pm »

The speed is referenced in the preface.

This sort of thing generally happens when it ends up with units with the same id number (so it loads an old unit instead of your current unit).  I'm not sure how it happened, and it's difficult to tell after the fact.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!