Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Embarks and Giant Scorpions.  (Read 500 times)

TheyTarget

• Bay Watcher
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
Embarks and Giant Scorpions.
« on: November 16, 2010, 01:24:16 am »

Okay, I don't mess around with DF to much, cause I like vanilla fine, but I felt like doing a story driven fort. I've succesfully been able to make, and recreate a world, with about 3500 the peak population, and 50 civs, so yeah 70 people to a civ, so the human towns are really small, anyways, I want to make it like, a last alliance, and have a fort with humans, dwarfs, and elves all living together. This I've done and it all works, most using some other mods on here. I've increased the embark points, cause I think it makes sense, the last surviving civilizations bring everything they can carry, and I've also increased the starting well, dwarfs humans, and elves. Theres one thing I can't figure out to do, and I'm perfectly find with regenning a world for this, I want to bring a bunch of exotic pets, scorpions, giant eagles, bears, and the suck, but I just can't get it to work, I've managed to be able to by forgotten beasts for 1, and accidentally turned every sentient race into gremlins(Don't ask me, I have no clue), but I just can't get them to be an embark choice. Heck, I have half a mind to just mod dogs to have poison breath and bites.

So any help appreciated.
Code: [Select]
This is a platinum warhammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it menaces with spikes of platinum.
there is an image of the goblin Utes Gozrusrozsnus and dwarves in elf bone. The goblin is making a plaintive gesture. the dwarves are striking a menacing pose.
this image relates to the slaying of Utes Gozrusroz

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
Re: Embarks and Giant Scorpions.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 01:43:43 am »

First you need to add [COMMON_DOMESTIC] to them, and make sure they are normal pets, not exotic.
After that, you should probably add [USE_ANY_PET_RACE] to your entity file, this will cause them to grab from a much larger pool of animals, like the elves do.

Alternatively, if I'm reading the wiki correctly, you can simply remove whatever tags in the entity file there are that refer to COMMON_DOMESTIC, but keep the USE ANY PET RACE, this will give them the ability to use any animal near their settlements, evil, good, etc, etc.

TheyTarget

• Bay Watcher
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 01:51:15 am »

First you need to add [COMMON_DOMESTIC] to them, and make sure they are normal pets, not exotic.
After that, you should probably add [USE_ANY_PET_RACE] to your entity file, this will cause them to grab from a much larger pool of animals, like the elves do.

Alternatively, if I'm reading the wiki correctly, you can simply remove whatever tags in the entity file there are that refer to COMMON_DOMESTIC, but keep the USE ANY PET RACE, this will give them the ability to use any animal near their settlements, evil, good, etc, etc.

I did half that, gonna try the rest, and see how it goes, thanks, will update.
This is a platinum warhammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it menaces with spikes of platinum.
there is an image of the goblin Utes Gozrusrozsnus and dwarves in elf bone. The goblin is making a plaintive gesture. the dwarves are striking a menacing pose.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 01:59:57 am »

Well, the main problem is if the dwarves don't live by an animal in the first place it won't be available when you embark, so unless the homeland is on a desert mountain..

TheyTarget

• Bay Watcher
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 02:22:49 am »

Okay, already made everything none exotic pet, I also apparently, had to make them all [TRAINABLE] [COMMON_DOMESTIC] And then add [USE_ANY_PET_RACE] to dwarfs, it also only worked if I left in the use common domestic tag, and that seemed to make it so they got everything I wanted, even the scorpions, and I know they aren't on a desert.  Oh, and I had to regen, yep, worked. Good thing, pocket worlds gen in a second. Thanks.