Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Weaponizing blood  (Read 1798 times)

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weaponizing blood
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2010, 08:42:36 pm »

Yes you CAN cage an FB

As Urist Imaknorris mentions up at the top they need to be webbed on a cage to be captured.

On the original idea....I love it and hope you can make it work.  I weaponized the beasts themselves by building their cages and linking to levers.  Either I unleash them on packs of goblins or let building destroyers bring doom upon themselves.

My GCS is in a chamber off my main entrance where it webs the cage traps by my front door, once the pack of FBs are done playing with whoever i sick em on i lower the bridge and they charge into the fort and back into cages.  My current pack is 5 strong but ive studiously avoided toxic blood/deadly dust beasts in fear of runaway epidemic.  i got 3 with poison stings and 2 poison breathers for now

incidentaly a web on a cage trap will also snag titans and clowns
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weaponizing blood
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2010, 08:53:29 pm »

@celem: Wow, nice work. Simple, too, but I've yet to find and cage a GCS. I nearly had one recently but he wandered off the edge of the map before I got the cage traps in place. Next time, I guess. I've also never had any FBs with particularly toxic blood/gas/dust/whatever. Mostly I've been thinking about contaminants in terms of getting them off the map before they kill the one thing I care about, my FPS, rather than weaponizing them.
Pages: 1 [2]