Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: weapons and armour  (Read 732 times)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
weapons and armour
« on: November 16, 2010, 04:52:07 am »

i have only been playing for a short time but how do i equip different weapons and Armour?
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
Re: weapons and armour
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 05:00:50 am »

as far as i can tell, in adventure mode, to (w) wear amour; it must be in your hands, and you must not be wearing something else on that amour slot (there maybe some exceptions here).

so when you pick up or buy armour it usually goes straight to your pack. press the (r or R) remove key and you will get  a list things in your pack, press the letter of the item you want. Then press I and you should see it listed in your right or left hand. Then press (w) wear. If you can put that item of armour over what you are already wearing it will be listed, if not. Press the remove key, take off the item you will be replaceing, and then press wear again, and put on the item you want. You might not actually need to take things out of your pack to wear them come to think of it.

so for example. You want to wear a steel low boot. You need to Remove it from your pack, then Remove your right leather scandal, then Wear your boot.

for weapons and sheilds you just need to remove them from your pack and they will go straight into which ever hand is free, so drop, or Put what your current weapon or sheild is in your pack, then Remove another. I dont know how to choose which hand to hold something in tho
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 05:04:50 am »

ok thanks :) and how do i put stuff in and out of mypack?
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Fellhuhn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 05:08:27 am »

You can wear stuff that is in your backback without the need to remove it first.

The order of the hands is: right hand first, then left hand.

So drop everything you currently have in your hands and what you want to wear. Than pick them up in the order: right hand, left hand, rest.

Sylverone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://sylverone.deviantart.com
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 05:55:52 am »

I'm don't think the dominant hand is always the right hand.

For equipping weapons/shields, it works like this:
If both your hands are empty to start with, the first item you pick up will be held in your dominant hand, and will become the default weapon you will attack with when you bump into enemies.
The second item you pick up will go to your remaining off-hand.
Any items picked up once both hands are filled will go directly to your pack.
To hold more than two items, you can (r) remove items from your pack. The third item will go to your dominant hand, and the fourth to your off-hand, the fifth to your dominant, and so on (I don't know what the holding limit is).

So if you want to change your attacking weapon, you basically have to (d) drop or (p) put in a container (such as your pack) everything held by your hands, and then place the item you wish to use as a weapon in your hand by either (g) getting it off the ground or (r) removing it from your pack/person.