Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: how Quesa Necrowing killed a half dozen bandits with Camels  (Read 1598 times)

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
how Quesa Necrowing killed a half dozen bandits with Camels
« on: November 12, 2010, 06:07:24 am »

Well, In the year 333, it was made known to Quesa Necrowings (the Walled Hide of Silkiness), that a whole day's trek from the Westernmost town in her Country, in the WaywardBlossoms foothills, there were two fearsome bandit camps. The peasants of Rumoredoat chided her, convinced she was a fool to go so far beyond the safety of civilization.

Just before dawn, Quesa set out for the foothills, at her fastest pace. Though she was fast and strong, she was weighed down heavily by her bronze armor, and in the heat of the day she was only halfway to the dark hills on the horizon. At this half-day point was a river-crossing. The near shore of the river was the farthest any civilized soul had come, since to go farther was to be certain to be caught out at night. If any had done so, none had returned.

After Quesa had crossed the point of no-return, a horrible voice bellowed out a challenge. This was Troll country! An attack at midday, no less. Of course Quesa prevailed. Onward!

A whole day out, Quesa reached the first encampment just as night began to fall. Concealing herself well, Quesa slunk around just outside first bandit camp, stealthily keeping close enough to the half dozen souls therein that the bogeymen stayed away from her as well. At morning's light, she moved on to the higher camp, leaving the first undisturbed. After a pitched battle at the second camp, the warlord killed, Quesa was forced to flee from an archer (the last bandit left alive). Returning to the first camp exhausted and wounded, she knew she could not stay hidden another night, but also could not make it back to familiar territory.

Coming over the last ridge to the camp, Quesa saw a curious sight, at least a dozen camels basking in the afternoon sun. A surge of energy went through her as a daring plan formed. Revealing herself with a cry she dashed towards them, running back and forth with the last of her strength, herding them straight towards the first bandit camp. All within were trampled, killed without Quesa even having to draw her swordwhip.

Three days after she had left, Quesa Necrowings returned, staggering back into town, bogeymen on her heels. Due credit for those bandits deaths was given her and she (hopefully) goes on to have an illustrious career.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
Re: how Quesa Necrowing killed a half dozen bandits with Camels
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 08:05:50 pm »

You sir, incredibly awesome, I implore you to continue you quest.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 02:17:10 am »

You sir, incredibly awesome, I implore you to continue you quest.

I'll only be able to continue for 2 3 more quests* (depending how I slice it) unless someone tells me how to cure infections in adventure mode, her broken fingernail is infected and I think it makes her drowsy.

* Quesa Necrowings Buys A House, Quesa Necrowings and the Faerie Castle, and Quesa Necrowings Smokes Bogeymen (but doesn't inhale... much)? There's Quesa Necrowings plays Metal Gear Solid goes clothes shopping, but that one's boring.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 03:02:52 am by Flaede »
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
[/quote]

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 07:53:18 am »

I'll see your camels and raise you two skeletal elephants:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 10:59:35 pm »

I didn't think you could "herd" skelephants any direction but towards you!
[/quote]

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 11:17:01 pm »

What if you had skelemice? Hm... Didn't think about that one Flaede? That's what i though.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 11:20:45 pm »

What if you had skelemice? Hm... Didn't think about that one Flaede? That's what i though.

Silly Comrade, vermin don't have bones!
[/quote]

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 11:22:28 pm »

Then how come when after cats eat vermin, they the leave bones lying around?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 01:03:07 am by Comrade »