Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Merchant Bug  (Read 447 times)

Caretaker Eric

• Bay Watcher
  • You do the voodoo that you do.
    • View Profile
Merchant Bug
« on: April 08, 2008, 08:24:00 pm »

Alright, so the caravan comes, right? All dwarven and autumny and such. And the liason goes off to Mister Expedition Leader, and the several wagons make their way to the trade depot. And then they begin to unload their goods. And then they leave. And they leave everything they brought right there, in a neat pile. ... Why? They just kind of up and left. No announcements saying they left. I wasn't really paying attention to the liason, but he never said anything. But yeah, they left it there. I never was able to get into the 'Trade' screen. Immediate transition. "You're kind of a jerk. Leave us be, we're unloading." to unexplained leaving. Jerks. Well... Wealthy jerks. Just a gigantic pile of stuff. Right there. Why?
The voodoo that I do in this case is run down children with a helicopter, swinging away at them with a gigantic ball menacing with spikes of magnetite.

"And you can get moose silk naturally or through a botched smelter reaction." - Kagus

"Dwarf Fortress: Using waterwheels to power your pumps to power the waterwheels." - kernel

Lyrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Merchant Bug
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 08:50:00 pm »

It was a humanitarian mission.
Witty

Comedian
Dabbling Pacifier
Dabbling Judge of Intent
Skilled Forum Poster

ikkonoishi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 08:53:00 pm »

Dwarvitarian
Our Dwarven instincts compel us to run blindly towards disaster in case there may be a ☼<☼giant cave spider silk sock☼>☼ lying around.

Caretaker Eric

• Bay Watcher
  • You do the voodoo that you do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 11:07:39 am »

I love you for saying that.
The voodoo that I do in this case is run down children with a helicopter, swinging away at them with a gigantic ball menacing with spikes of magnetite.

"And you can get moose silk naturally or through a botched smelter reaction." - Kagus

"Dwarf Fortress: Using waterwheels to power your pumps to power the waterwheels." - kernel