Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Forgotten Factions (Work In Progress)  (Read 1059 times)

Kiktamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Forgotten Factions (Work In Progress)
« on: November 18, 2010, 03:07:55 pm »

The Forgotten Factions

A quick word of warning I guess this is something I'm just starting up so it might take a bit of time for release. This topic exists mostly to motivate me to work on and complete the mod. As well as lay out my ideas In a way that I can easily refer back to.

It's going to be a complete conversion that changes things a rather large amount so...feature list time.

Future Features/Goals
  • Replaces the three main races with a total of 7. It keeps the dwarves and humans but for the most part changes them a fair amount as shown below.
  • Introduces new materials and workshops that for the most part will be restricted to specific races.
  • All races will be playable in fortress and adventure mode using their unique workshops, reactions, and materials
  • A yet unknown number of creature additions that will be able to be used differently depending on the race played
  • A bunch of plants, trees, items, and materials

Humans
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Fey

The Elrin

The Grell

The Alri

The Kalrik

Dwarves

Materials
Most races will have access to some basic metals iron and the like, however while humans and dwarves will get steel other races will get specific substitutes that have slightly different properties and in some cases will be able to pierce steel.

Dwarves of course will get metals that are stronger than most of the races as well as metals that are more valuable. Still working on names at the moment.

The Fey will instead of metals obtain alchemical reactions to create various woods that will have some of the same properties as some metals. They will however most likely still be fairly flammable so there's that.

The Elrin will most likely have iron as their strongest metal and have to use their strength and skill in combat. They will however most have access to a fairly valuable metal that will be called black silver until I think of any other name.

The Grell will have easy access to most glass products and as such be able to produce special weapons grade glass since the current capabilities of glass are lacking. They'll have red glass as a sort of steel equivalent a bit sharper but easier to break and probably blue glass as a sort of decorative and weapon material.

The Alri will mostly rely on their claws and teeth but will probably be able to use alchemy and bones to create a sort of Ironbone. They'll most likely have some reinforced leather armor that's fairly tough.

The Kalrik are going to be fairly similar to kobolds in terms of how they act and will probably end up using special stone weapons and end up focusing on blunt weaponry.

Other Creatures

The Zerchaal

That's all at the moment will add more as it comes up

I'm happily willing to accept ideas for both features and names for stuff.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 04:32:15 pm by Kiktamo »

Kiktamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Orders of Chaos (Working Title) (Work In Progress)
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 03:08:22 pm »

[RESERVED For Stuff]

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 05:10:53 pm »

This is relevant to my interests.

Toastergargletop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 07:37:03 pm »

Sounds good but.......

Chaos cannot have Orders; the two concepts are diametrically and philosophically opposed.

Kiktamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 07:56:44 pm »

Yeah it's a temporary title I'm actually leaning toward calling it the Forgotten Order instead or something to that effect.

Toastergargletop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 11:38:39 pm »

What about Cabals of Chaos?

Forgotten Order is pretty good.

What about Factions of Chaos?  Forgotten Factions?  The Orders part is very specific insofar as is refering to at least one specific Order.  Factions emcompases Orders, cults, racial and social paradigms and so on.

Kiktamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Factions (Work In Progress)
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 02:22:15 pm »

Yeah I like Forgotten Factions quite a bit so that's decided.

Well about to put up some more information regarding a new creature addition that no one should want to run into.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 04:37:25 pm by Kiktamo »