Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: In Game Music  (Read 713 times)

jdf318

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
In Game Music
« on: November 10, 2010, 02:45:32 pm »

A couple Questions:

1. Is it possible to change the ingame music?

2. If so, is it possible to have more then one song?

calrogman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: In Game Music
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 03:05:19 pm »

1. Replace data/sound/song_game.ogg
2. Sure, ffmpeg -i foo.ogg -i bar.ogg -i foobar.ogg song_game.ogg /facetiousness.  Basically, stitch the files together in your audio editor of choice and output it to an ogg vorbis file.

Kuikka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 05:07:35 pm »

Make your job easier, and download this mod called SoundSense;

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=60287.0

Ambience sounds for weather, mining, battles etc but also seasonal musics, event musics etc which you can easily replace with your own tracks if you want (although ones in the mod are very, very nice). Developer is updating this mod quite frequently, but it already seems perfect in my opinion.

By following the link and searching for the reply 220 you can find the most recent version of this mod.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 05:09:56 pm by Kuikka »

jdf318

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 09:13:52 pm »

K thanks

darkedone02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 02:53:02 am »

one problem with soundscape is that there is no good option to turn off the music or prevent it from looping.

Kuikka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 10:31:06 am »

One very smart option is to use any music player (Windows Media player etc) and play your own, favourite list of music.

A bit more about Soundsense. It has this small window where you can adjust volume levels. When it comes to playing the music, Soundsense picks the tracks randomly, which can cause "looping effect" (I think there were about 4 tracks per season), but I guess nothing prevents you adding N amount of tracks to its list where it picks and plays them randomly.

Soundsense has so many soundeffects that, at least for me, makes DF a more enjoyable experience. It's a win-win situation.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 10:38:35 am by Kuikka »