Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: embedded weapons?  (Read 897 times)

liqud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
embedded weapons?
« on: November 11, 2010, 05:14:13 pm »

Anybody yet figure out how to either twist the embedded weapon or remove it without choosing to waste a turn and step away from your target?  It doesn't seem to be an option under strikes, and wrestling doesn't seem to be the ticket, I actually performed a takedown on a human by my embedded great axe when I tried.  Which, incidentally.... is still awesome.

Just curious.

qbert911

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: embedded weapons?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 05:23:30 pm »

I dont know how to manually twist a weapon that is embedded. But if you "auto-attack" by pressing the arrow key in the direction of your foe it will twist it for you. You can manually remove a weapon by selecting "I" for detailed interaction, select your weapon, and then select remove.

If anyone knows how to manually twist I would love to know!

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 07:07:10 pm »

Is manually twisting really necessary if the automatic move always chooses to twist the weapon?
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

nordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 07:32:35 pm »

Bricks has a point...
Exerpt from townbrush.txt by Internet Kraken:

"Nobody wants to live in Townbrush, and for good reason. Almost everyone that has come to Townbrush has been eaten, stabbed, crushed, drowned, hacked, incinerated, or beaten to death with an octopre skin backpack. When we're not under siege, we're being attacked by Forgotten Beasts. And when we're not being attacked by Forgotten Beasts, there's probably a zombie whale crushing someone to death in the dining room."

liqud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 08:00:16 pm »

Is manually twisting really necessary if the automatic move always chooses to twist the weapon?

Absolutely.  If I'm correct in the assumption that you can't do the automatic move if you're at a diagonal with your target. 

If you guys know how to do that, please share.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 08:04:13 pm »

Numpad lets you move diagonaly. A twist will almost aways (aways?) remove your weapon from the wound.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.