Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help! Fullscreen issues.  (Read 1091 times)

fearlesslittletoaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Help! Fullscreen issues.
« on: November 07, 2010, 06:33:55 pm »

I figure I will post here before I submit a bug report or fill out a thread in a more specific forum, as this is almost certainly a user error of some kind. I have a long period without an internet hookup coming (Iraq), so I want to be able to get my fix of DF when I have free time. I am running a windows 7 laptop with an AMD processor.

The short version is, after downloading .16 today (07NOV10) I am unable to get the game to display in full screen. If I set it to full screen it does take over the entire screen, however DF remains confined to a tiny square in the corner or center. The same occurs if I set it to windowed mode, the part that is DF simply takes up a small part of the overall window with the rest remaining black. I can make the window larger, but all that does is make more black space. I have tried the following to fix this problem in the .init file:

1. The black space yes/no setting has no effect.
2. Changing the full screen resolution makes the tileset look better or worse, but does nothing to change the size of the playable area.
3. I have tried every font in the data/art library, these have no effect
4. Changing my screen resolution in windows to 800/600 has no effect
5. Setting graphics to ON and messing with those settings has no effect
6. It is to be noted that the part of DF that takes control of the screen seems to work normally; it will not let me set a fullscreen resolution that is larger than my hardware can support, and it does black the whole screen out. Also, although its in a tiny box, DF seems to run normally otherwise.

So, taking all this into account, please tell me what I am missing here!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Help! Fullscreen issues.
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 06:48:32 pm »

I recall reading something about thiz before. I believe the solution MAY have been be to zoom in with the mouse wheel.
*Hugs*

morgoththegreat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Help! Fullscreen issues.
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 06:54:29 pm »

Are you actually playing the game, or quitting as soon as you get to the title screen and see that it's "wrong"? The title screen will never expand, but the game will.