Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The name of the game!  (Read 917 times)

vettefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The name of the game!
« on: November 08, 2010, 09:55:47 am »

Hello fellow gamers, I am looking for the name of a game a friend of mine desribed to me. Appearantly you play as a blob on a balancing board, and the goal is to get the other blob to the ground by jumping on the board. That is really all I got but I thought it sounded really fun and it's bumming me out that I can't find it. Googling blob fighting game gets you all kind of weird stuff!
My friend seems to recall another quite specific detail about the game in question, namely that you could hang on to some sort of lamp post for a short period of time if you timed your jump well.

That's really all I got, but I do hope there's someone out there who can remember the name of this game and if anybody else happens to be looking for some other game I'll gladly do what I can to help!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: The name of the game!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 10:02:58 am »

Wrong forum, for one. This should go in Other Games and I'm pretty sure they already have threads for finding games.
Shoes...

vettefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 10:05:34 am »

Wrong forum, for one. This should go in Other Games and I'm pretty sure they already have threads for finding games.

Oh, I thought the Other Games forum was for Bay12's other games?
And yeah I tried searching, but is it just me or is the search function kind of a bitch?

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 03:08:28 pm »

The search bar looks for exact words, but if there's nothing to show, well...
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 03:11:46 pm »

It can also be pretty finicky, like the three or four character minimum limit, which understandably helps against common words, but then again, there are plenty of acronyms and other not-so-common stuff that should be searchable.

vettefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 03:44:32 pm »

Ah, now that I've got some sleep I see that the other games forum was indeed the correct one for this thread. Also they already ahve this thread, I guess I was too tired of searching. I'll be locking this up now, thanks for your input anyway!