Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Two armor layers  (Read 689 times)

Aravin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Two armor layers
« on: November 06, 2010, 06:01:58 am »

ATM i have my military dwarves wear full set of steel armor (with no cloth - it has rotted away). Will it be a right thing for me to assign them leather armor to wear underneath steel armor? I've seen messages that it will disrupt def. modifier of steel armor, thus making it useless (as game will ignore that dwarf wear steel breastplate). So. is it possible to make them wear two sets of armor - metal one and leather?

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Two armor layers
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 06:57:20 am »

Yeah and its a good idea.  You can multilayer metal for some pieces too.  I ue metal breastplate and chainmail.  metal cap and helm.  you can leayer leather mittens under gauntlets, layer leather robe and hood too
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 08:24:31 am »

Leather armor and metal breast plate are both shaped thus they cannot be stacked onto each other.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Aravin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 08:36:59 am »

Leather armor and metal breast plate are both shaped thus they cannot be stacked onto each other.

Ofc, i think steel breat+steel mail shirt is enough for body protection. I was talking about other body parts.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 10:42:04 am »

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Armor

That is the best resource for knowing exactly how much you can cram onto your dwarves
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Aravin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 04:31:02 pm »

Yeah sure i've read it. It's about how much you can make a dwarf wear, but IF it will be more effective than just casuel set of steel armor? I can't check this...

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2010, 05:12:20 pm »

Yeah sure i've read it. It's about how much you can make a dwarf wear, but IF it will be more effective than just casuel set of steel armor? I can't check this...
Steel armor absolutely cannot protect certain things, like fingers, toes, ears, eyes, the throat, and most of the rest of the face. Mittens, socks, hoods, and cloaks can protect these things. Your dwarves can bleed out if they lose too many digits or other small body parts in a short time, and any protection on them is better than none.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Aravin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 06:25:32 am »

Good, then i will make them wear leather mittens, socks, hoods, cloaks and vests.
Too bad i can't make something like sturdy cloth things with metal wires to make my dwarves wear underneath metal armor.

Tfafalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 06:41:42 am »

Just check your dwarves equipment after they actually pick up the armor. There are still a number of bugs in the system which may cause them to miss armor pieces, such as gauntlets (trouble with left/right gauntlets).

For some reason my dwarves also refuse to wear a helmet/cap combination.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 07:13:26 am »

Good, then i will make them wear leather mittens, socks, hoods, cloaks and vests.
Too bad i can't make something like sturdy cloth things with metal wires to make my dwarves wear underneath metal armor.
Mod it in?