Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Inside, above-ground cleaning?  (Read 727 times)

Brhino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Inside, above-ground cleaning?
« on: November 06, 2010, 09:11:00 pm »

Is there any way to get dwarves to clean areas that are inside but above ground?  I'm building an above-ground fortress, but my dwarves are tracking Rhesus Macaque blood everywhere.

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
Re: Inside, above-ground cleaning?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 09:14:26 pm »

Is there any way to get dwarves to clean areas that are inside but above ground?  I'm building an above-ground fortress, but my dwarves are tracking Rhesus Macaque blood everywhere.

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Cleaning

There is an option in DFhack to clean up outside blood though.
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

Brhino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Inside, above-ground cleaning?
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 09:29:07 pm »

the wiki says that dwarves will clean up "interior and non-muddied subterranean floors", which is a little vague.  From what I have experienced, they will clean up underground blood always.  They won't clean up outside blood, which shouldn't be a problem unless you're in an area that gets no rain (like my last fortress that I abandoned because I was down to 5 FPS - my god, the trade depot was four different colors of splattered!).  However, they also will not clean up above ground blood even when it's in a covered interior area.  I imagine that this follows the same "once outside, always outside" mechanic that prevents miasma from occurring above ground and allows above-ground crops to be grown in covered surface areas.