Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 40d Soldiers  (Read 301 times)

itisme

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy who is not the guy who is the guy.........
    • View Profile
40d Soldiers
« on: November 07, 2010, 09:26:18 am »

Hello, I am using 40d and my soldiers are all elite wrestlers, so i gave them steel hammers. But only two or three of the 6 picked them up. I found that they had clothes in their hands, because of wrestling. I put them on duty and stationed them near the weapons pile, but they still don't pick up? any suggestions.
To steal from one is plagiarism, to steal from many is research.

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 40d Soldiers
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 10:02:52 am »

first thing, as a hardcore 40d loyalist, I understand not wanting to change.  But I moved over to .16, and it is fantastic, so first piece of advice is to switch.

Barring that, you can forbid the clothing, which may cause them to drop it, or, I believe you can mark the clothes for dumping.  Also, adding and removing soldiers from the militia can do wonders.  That's the only way I used to be able to get my marksdwarves to reload.
!!Elves!! would actually be kinda cool as a civ symbol.  !!Clowns!!, however, you get the impression they're on fire of their own free, malicious, evil, will.

Also, much scarier if literally clowns.

itisme

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy who is not the guy who is the guy.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 10:52:13 am »

Actually, I am relatively new, i chose 40d because that was what tiny pirate told us to use, and farms seemed complicated and dangerous. But thanks for the help. Is there anyway to get them to pick up their old stuff?
To steal from one is plagiarism, to steal from many is research.

Gnoll Fortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 11:02:56 am »

ah well yes this is indeed a bug you won't encounter in 0.31.16.
If you are intent on using 40d i'd suggest you dont assign any wrestlers at all in the meantime try ordering them to unequip wait then order them to requip also, clothes that have an owner cannot be dumped you can mark them for dumping but other dwarfs won't do it.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 11:05:46 am by Gnoll Fortress »