Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Stealthy force throw kill???  (Read 7029 times)

caknuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stealthy force throw kill???
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2010, 02:44:47 pm »

Did you muck with any of the worldgen settings for caverns?
Quote from: Primary
*Kneels before Urist Dickpuncher*

zarmazarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2010, 07:51:36 pm »

You hit the warthog with such force that the severed pieces defied the conventionally accepted theory of relativity, accelerating beyond the speed of light and traveling backwards in time so quick they hit you yesterday. That's when you flew off the cliff. 

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2010, 06:53:46 pm »

I guess you fell off a tall cliff as you dodge an attack. falling also counts as slamming into an obstacle, right?
I once flung a migrant off a bridge. He collided with the brook cliff and died.
A year later, my legendary engraver engraved him colliding with an obstacle and dying.

way way back i used to drop animals and prisoners through a big hole that went right through my fort, dining room included. got tonnes of engravings of animals and goblins screaming as they fell or collided with obstacles. also the limbs and heads used to bounce up and get all over the dining room and in the nobles quarters. from distant memory there is a specific engraving for falling, and one for colliding with an obstacle and dying. the falling one often includes lines about being huddled in a foetal position, crying or screaming.

dmgpurity

• Bay Watcher
  • Mew! *Boom*
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2010, 07:36:05 pm »

He sliced the warthog with such force you were blinded and couldn't read the whole thread.

Anyway, I'm going to go with the collapsing map theory.  Were you able to see the area when it happened?
I was just proposing another answer to the question ::).
My very first adventurer was beaten to death with his own sock.
Dwarf Fortress: Lead socks.

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 08:01:32 pm »

You lose hold of the pig tail fiber sock.
There was so much force, it litterally knocked your socks off...

I think it was a one-off glitch in the code that suddenly added a few zeros to your velocity vector: essentially you just experianced what quantum physics says can happen to any one of us in real life at any time, but with like 10^(-10^(10^(10^(1,000,000,000))))% odds.

So, congratulations!  You just had the death of a lifetime!!!  ;D

Quote from: Retro
Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

The EPIC Dwarven Drinking Song of Many Names

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2010, 08:36:46 pm »

you stepped on a lemure.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2010, 08:08:29 am »

Oh, no! You lost your socks!
Seriously, that is...strange. I like the idea that you killed it so hard it exploded, and hit you hard enough that you exploded...and that there was a chain reaction killing all creatures in a one-mile radius.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2010, 12:26:17 am »

One mile radius? This is dwarf fortress we're talking about; if a chain reaction ever occurs, it's going to envelope the entire world.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2010, 07:47:41 am »

One mile radius? This is dwarf fortress we're talking about; if a chain reaction ever occurs, it's going to envelope the entire world a rectangular region with sides of length 48n tiles, where n is an integer from 1 to 16.

Fixed.

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2010, 03:32:01 pm »

you stepped on a lemure.
No, you steped on THE GNOME!!!

He hath his vengance...

Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2010, 12:29:25 am »

You lose hold of the pig tail fiber sock.
There was so much force...
 8)
It literally knocked your socks off...

YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!

Fixed
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2010, 02:14:39 am »

One mile radius? This is dwarf fortress we're talking about; if a chain reaction ever occurs, it's going to envelope the entire world.
And since this is Dwarf Fortress, it will take a thousand real-life years to do so.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2010, 06:00:30 am »

It's a symple glich really. You were travellling when you stopped right above a deep pit and fell.

Benata

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2010, 06:12:58 am »

It's a symple glitch really. You were travellling when you stopped right above a deep pit and fell.
It always happens when you drive while sleeping.
Pages: 1 [2]