Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Maps (Dungeons)  (Read 1314 times)

Aussiemon

• Bay Watcher
  • Well... now what?
    • View Profile
Adventure Mode Maps (Dungeons)
« on: October 28, 2010, 09:29:34 pm »

Does anyone have a map with a labyrinth or dungeon ready for adventure mode?

I would be very grateful! If nobody has one, I guess I might as well make my own :)
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Maps (Dungeons)
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 12:20:20 am »

I'm currently making one. It's been slow going, mostly because I tried to turn it into a community fort and waited a couple weeks while playing another fort for someone to actually PICK IT UP AND MAKE AWESOME.
I've decided to start work on it again, but it's decades (in game terms) from anything interesting, and months in real time because I have high school to attend and other things that require my attention.

A quick search of the adventure mode section of the forums and dffd.wimbl.com revealed nothing both usable or complete, 2 of the 4 threads actually related were a year or more dormant.

It doesn't seem this is a very popular topic...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Maps (Dungeons)
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 11:40:51 pm »

oh wow is us, for i had prepared a world with 3 complete sites for adventure mode and one more on the way. then my computer died horribly and i no longer have that save.

i allways try and make all my forts in the same world, and when im sick of one i edit the dwarf speed to 0 and make the place interesting for adventurers before i abandon and start again elsewhere.

i was messing about with the new underground, so one of my forts gave access to the first level of caverns, with nearby one made entirely inside the first caverns level, and there was going to be more in a similar vein with a final one full of adamantium equipment and breaching hell.

i also did things like embark on an area with a cave, and make the surface fort all locked up tight so you had to go into the cave and come up underneath the place to get in.

as soon as toady gets some of the oddness out of worldgen and the bandits and night creatures in, and as soon as i get a decent computer that can run the game at a good fps, ill probably start again.

but yeah, there is a lack of nice player made adventure locations. after the next update we need a new world of traps and attractions thread.