Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gay dorves  (Read 717 times)

Zucabr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Gay dorves
« on: November 05, 2010, 02:46:21 am »

If I wanted a lesbian couple out of two specific dwarves, say, Dorf A and Dorf B, should I use Runesmith so that:

1.) A starts as a female and remains, B start as a male and become a female, stick them in a room
2.) or both A and B start as male and become female, then stick them in a room?

Going from the notion that the sex-change button changes a dwarf's appearance and physical attributes, but does not change their caste. The thing is, is that I haven't read and found what determines a dwarf's preference, is it that female and male castes will pair together, or is it that male castes will prefer females physically, and thus a two physically females with male castes will become "lesbians"?

And specifically for me, no, we won't need to broach the topic of gay-parent babies.

Lytha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gay dorves
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 02:59:59 am »

I would just select a married couple and have the Runesmith do a sex change on the male one.

If Runesmith's sex change operations are anything like these of Dwarf Companion, the subject of the operation might be extremely exhausted afterwards and need some stimulants (let the Runesmith reset his drowsiness).

(And I've done this before with my dwarves, as a way of birth control. chopchop.)
Lytha likes fire clay, rose gold, green glass, bags, the colour midnight blue, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, she prefers to consume tea and cow cheese.

Zucabr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gay dorves
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 03:09:03 am »

If Runesmith's sex change operations are anything like these of Dwarf Companion, the subject of the operation might be extremely exhausted afterwards and need some stimulants (let the Runesmith reset his drowsiness).

Thanks! And also: :)) ...

Wait, seriously?

So, okay, that method is at least vouched for. I still wonder though, if a Male-->Female and a Female will marry, seeing as it's the same thing, although before the actual relationship building and marriage.