Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Moar politics? Not exactly.  (Read 2716 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moar politics? Not exactly.
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2010, 11:21:27 pm »

Florida: The elephant law state.

Alternately, for my state:
It shall be the duty of any policeman or any other officer to enforce the provisions of this Section, and if any cat is found running at large, or which is found in any street, alley or public place, it shall be the duty of any policeman or other officer of the city to kill such cat. (Hibbing Minnesota)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 11:25:06 pm by Criptfeind »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2010, 11:27:05 pm »

O.o

*pictures a bunch of policemen running around shooting wildly at cats*

If it's a mountain lion and its going to attack them, thats different though. Whoever made that law had a serious problem with cats.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2010, 11:27:48 pm »

That is the best law.

Are they allowed to fire there gun? because that would be so awesome.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2010, 11:29:23 pm »

True, it would be considered a VERY dwarfy law. :)

Otherwise the image is just hilarious.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2010, 11:30:50 pm »

I can just imagine someone running outside after hearing gun shots, with the officer going "Its okay Ma'am, this cat will never bother you again"
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2010, 11:31:52 pm »

That is the best law.

Are they allowed to fire there gun? because that would be so awesome.

It is their duty by any means. I suspect if they do not use their gun they get the death sentence.

You're not allowed to park your elephant on Main Street.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2010, 12:13:44 am »

This is Alabama I live in, but I've gotten six calls from "conservative republicans" as they call themselves in one hour. At first I said I wasn't old enough to vote. Second call I said that they had already called me. Third I said "please hold" and then shouted at an empty room "This is the third time they've called! Be sure not to vote for them!" The fourth I told them off. The fifth I hung up on the fourth word. The sixth I vowed to get a phone with caller ID.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2010, 05:22:24 am »

Alright, it's gametime, and I'm out of here.  I'll be back to report my observations at some point today, provided I can still type with all the caffiene that'll be flowing my veins.  Wish me luck.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2010, 09:39:24 am »

I voted if nothing else but to make good use of my roller shoes in an elementary school gym. :D

Politics here is so monumentally fucked up that we actually have a measure to save oil tax money as well as another one to stop fenced-in "hunting" of domesticated deer and elk. Yes on both.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2010, 09:40:13 am »

...Save oil tax money?  Huh?

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2010, 09:42:17 am »

This provides some good background.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2010, 01:14:37 pm »

I return from the front.  The soul crushingly dull front.  I'm wired-slash-bored out of my skull by caffeine-slash-boredom.  Luckily, I got posted to one of the best precincts in the county, the one that I'm actually registered in.  The election judge is friendly and conversational, has no problem with me talking to the staff at will, and very much on the procedural ball.  She also kicked out my Republican counterpart - said opposite number arrived at the polls two hours late, and within two hours had disappeared a couple times, then cussed out the judge when confronted about this.  Gave my ringleader a good laugh, even if every non-incumbent Democratic election in the county is pretty much toast.  Also, had a fire alarm go off, which was hilarious since the polling location is an elementary-school library.

So, my presence is basically superfluous and everything is well in hand, and now a demonmother of a rainstorm has swept into the county.  I'm expected back for the post 4PM crunch; the trick will be not passing out like a log as I take a power nap.  I even got invited to the afterparty, as sad an affair as it may be (and dangerous for me to drive by then).  But hey, things are happening.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2010, 02:27:00 pm »

Fun in war and politics. I feel for you man. Is this going to benefit you in any way if you try and run for something?
Pages: 1 2 [3]