Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tobul Likotgisek wants something...a Bugged glass Furnace  (Read 386 times)

sutour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tobul Likotgisek wants something...a Bugged glass Furnace
« on: November 01, 2010, 02:39:05 pm »

Hi there

I have a dwarf that got a Fey mood and I don't know what workshop he wants (if Any).

Firstly the dwarf's stats via Dwarf Therapist.

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

He's part way to lvl 1 on a few other skills including Building Designer and Glassmaker.

Here's a list of the workshops I have.

Spoiler: Workshops (click to show/hide)

and my furnaces

Spoiler: Furnaces (click to show/hide)

When I discovered Magma I deconstructed what I have as my Magma capable workshops / furnaces, these are (in brackets as I have it the Magma Equivalent).

Spoiler: Dont' have (click to show/hide)

I can't see what I'm missing that he'd want.

I have though noticed in the 'Dwarf Details' window that his current job is listed as '66 Strange Mood Glassmaker'. This made me wonder if there's a bug around the Magma Glass Furnace and Glass Furnace for strange moods. I will build a normal glass furnace and see if he wants that.

Any suggestions otherwise on what I might be missing / what he might want?

See below...
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 03:01:52 pm by sutour »

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Tobul Likotgisek wants something...
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 02:56:23 pm »

Build a non-magma glass furnace.  Glassmaker strange moods seem to demand non-magma glass furnaces and won't take the magma kind.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

sutour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tobul Likotgisek wants something...a Bugged glass Furnace
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 03:09:19 pm »

Yes it seems that I needed the non magma Glass furnace.

In the end he made:

Sterusodgub Drivenmobbed a Green glass Portal

This is a green glassportal. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with green glass and one-humped camel leather and encircled with bands of green glass. This object is adorned with hanging rings of iron and menaces with spikes of pig tail fiber, acacia, gold and cave spider silk.
On the item is an image of Suque Sistersthrown the human and a jaguar in green glass. The jaguar is striking down Suque Sistersthrown. The artwork relates to the killing of the human Suque Sistersthrown by a jaguar in Uso "The Siege of Cuts".
On the item is an image of Drivenmobben the green glass portal in shale.

At least a bit more handy than my 2 Mechanisms, crown, ring and earing I guess. Now I just need to figure out what a portal does :P

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 03:22:25 pm »

A portal is a door, glad your problem was solved!

backflip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 03:24:25 pm »

It's a door.  Some glass furniture has a different name, like glass cages being called terrariums.
No, its realistic.

I dont think realism is a major concern in a game about alcoholic midgets fighting dragons and soapmen.