Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ratmen  (Read 816 times)

Happy Chappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ratmen
« on: October 31, 2010, 08:23:29 am »

Hello Everyone,
I've been playing the game for a couple of months now, so I've got the basic survival thing down, I can set up in an evil embark just fine, just haven't successfully used magma yet (Urist McMiner has bled to death)

Anyways, I was wondering, whatever happened to ratmen? I checked the wiki and apparently they were in 40d, but haven't made it into the .31.x versions.

I thought this was a bit odd, what with all the other '-men' running around, so can anyone help me in modding them back into the game. I wanted to give them the [CAN_LEARN] tag, like the tigermen the elves like to bring, so I could have a fortress of Skaven  :P

Any help would be much appreciated...also, rats are good for testing !!SCIENCE!! are they not?
Ratmen are the Squats of Dwarf Fortress. They didn't make it.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
Re: Ratmen
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 08:28:50 am »

" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

ISGC

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatters Gonna Hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 08:33:50 am »

aha
space dwarves!
Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 09:11:30 am »

That said, Deon's Genesis Mod puts Ratmen back in, if I remember correctly. It also puts dozens of other deadly, deadly beasts that will slay you forever, but that's what you get for daring to install Deon's Genesis Mod.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Happy Chappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 11:28:02 am »

I'm amazed I didn't think of that analogy. Sigged!

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 11:32:14 am »

At least we aren't getting banned for mentioning them.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.