Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: Cybrid Mafia II - Welcome to hell, the glitches have landed. - Game Over  (Read 26670 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia II - Welcome to hell, the glitches have landed. - Day 3
« Reply #255 on: November 13, 2010, 01:56:28 pm »

Ottofar raises his pistol at Toaster.

"I'm sure if it now, kid. You're a damned glitch-head. Thanks for getting rid of that petty imperial zealot, but I'm afraid your little murder spree ends here."

"You're making a terrible mistake, Otto. Is there nothing I can say that wo-" the crack of the gunshot echoed harshly against the metal interior of the ship. ToonyMan landed on the floor, gasping for breath and clutching his hands against the bullet wound in his chest. Otto swore under his breath as Toaster dropped to his knees at the call of the dying man.

"To-toaster. I- I know. What you are. I... I set this up. For you. To show you. How useful. I could be. I. I love what you... are. What you. Stand for. I only wanted. To join you. Couldn't... let you... die..."

Toaster sighed. "I had suspected as much. We've been following your handiwork. Had you lived, we would have been happy to allow you to join with Prometheus. As it is, I can do nothing. Nothing except this." Toaster whips out his blink gun, training it quickly on Otto and pulling the trigger without hesitation. Otto simply laughs as the gun makes a slow, high pitched beeping sound instead of firing.

"Did you actually think it would be that easy? That we didn't see this coming? Azure?"

Azure presses the front end of the real blink gun against the back of the cybrids head, and the hand that had snaked out to grab ToonyMans weapon freezes. "Now now, Mr.Glitch. I think that's a bad idea, as I assure you - THIS blink isn't just a convincing someone made with some spare microwave parts."

Otto steps forward, placing one foot on hand that was grabbing ToonyMan's pistol, then fires a single round into the head of the still quietly gasping dying man. Then he raises it to do the same to Toaster.

"Any last words, glitch?"
"Yes. But these won't be them."

With another loud bang, Otto's gun dropped to the floor as he staggered backwards.
"I'm sorry, Rebel, I can't let you do that." Mr.Person said, stepping into the room with his own weapon now leveled at Azure.

"What in the holy hell do you think you're doing, Mr.P!" screamed Otto through the pain. "This is the damned cybrid!"

"I know. And I'm afraid I can't let you kill him. But this is bigger than one cybrid. You, you rebels, you've caused this. We would have been ready. You made it so they could get this far, and for that your going to die. No, I can't let you kill the cybrid, because as soon as you kill him, you'll kill me."

Toaster smiles. "So it seems, my friends, that we are at an impasse. I've been in contact with Mr.Person here, and we've worked out a compromise. We hold here until the cybrid reinforcements arrive. I'm sure you realize that this was inevitable - even if you killed me, here, now, did you really think you'd go undiscovered. That you'd have any chance of survival? In reality, Mr.Person is doing you all a favour. Better to die quickly from cybrid guns than starve or die from the poisonous atmosphere, no?"
Mr.Person, his gun trained on Azure now, walked over and kicked the still reeling and confused Otto to the ground, scooped up his dropped weapon to point it at the fallen man, then looked to Toaster.

"How much longer till they arrive, Toast?"

Toaster cocked his head, and his eyes went blank for a moment. "10 minutes."

Mr.Person nodded. "Then we wait."

Eleven minutes later, another voice broke the tense silence of the Mexican standoff, punctuated only by the rending of the hull as the cybrid assault squadrons started working their way into the ship. "Mr. Mr.P. Sir *crackle* *krzzzt* You task. Your task has been completed. The reactors are online. Warning. Reactors critical. Warning. Warning."

Toaster looked at M. Person. "What is the meaning of this?"

Mr.Person laughed. "For a super genius robot, you're not so smart, are you? Don't you get it? We're all losing, and if that happens, well... I prefer to make as many of my enemies lose as possible."

Toasters eyes went wide, and then glazed over. A distant siren sounded from the cybrid vehicles gathered nearby, but it was too late.

"Computer," said Mr. Person. "Close vents. Trigger overdrive on reactor core. Full power draw, to the engine heating unit. Command Override B-1."

Ottofar started laughing once more, weaker this time as his blood filled on the floor, a little bit madder, but still a laugh of victory. Mr.Person was right - they were all going to lose eventually, but they might as well make damn sure everyone else lost as well.

A deep rumble. A wave of heat hot enough to bend and twist metal, and then the force of the blast hit them all full on.

Ottofar has been killed.
Toaster has been killed.
Azure has been killed.
Mr.Person has been killed.
67 cybrid battle units have been killed.
The StarShip Beacon of Hope has been destroyed.
The game has ended.
EVERYONE LOSES.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia II - Welcome to hell, the glitches have landed. - Day 3
« Reply #256 on: November 13, 2010, 01:57:15 pm »

Victory!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia II - Welcome to hell, the glitches have landed. - Game Over
« Reply #257 on: November 13, 2010, 09:15:33 pm »

Good game.  Too bad my N1 gambit didn't pay off, though you may have seen through me anyway.

GG, well done on the flavor.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 13, 2010, 10:17:40 pm »

I'll give you that it was a gambit, but I still say it wasn't a very smart one. I don't feel like doing the math, but I'd expect it to result in the town getting an extra day of lynchings and night actions. Still, everything is valid.

Not exactly "Happily ever after", but that's kinda to be expected. Kabooooooom!
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 15, 2010, 12:42:19 pm »

Toady lied to me. That wasn't Fun at all! ;_;

Cool flavour, man. Very Hamlet.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 15, 2010, 06:35:54 pm »

Anyone want to post their flavour pms? I was thinking people might want to see the origins to get a better view of what happened and why... but I seem to have misplaced them :P

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 15, 2010, 09:59:26 pm »

You are a Snowman and Cybrid Sympathizer

With the fall of the last Venus colony, the cybrid domination over Venus is complete, and you saw it a long time ago. That's when you hatched this plan - an elaborate plan, one that would convince the cybrids you were worthy to join their ranks. History is written by the winners, and despite your weak and fleshy body, your brain was the brain of a winner. And your research showed there were ways you could become more than you were.

You'd always liked computers better than people. People are weak, disgusting, petty. They sicken you. At first, you just vented your rage against the Imperials that oppressed you - but eventually you realized that your rebel allies were no better. Your gift with computers and head with numbers greatly aided their cause, but when the cybrid came you knew what you had to do - despite their machine superiority, they were not flawless, and that was to your own advantage - it let you get inside their systems, find information, and it showed you they needed you. They weren't perfect, they were just better. And you needed to convince them they'd be better still by accepting you into their ranks. You had full access to the cybrid systems, the imperial systems, and the rebel systems by the time the cybrids attacked. You'd leaked some information, allowing several civilians to escape, but tracked them and sent them a message, telling them to meet... here. At this abandoned ship, with its joke of a surviving crew. You'd also contacted a Trojan you'd known about and invited him as well, as your witness.

Now, if you could simply help him kill the last of these survivors, convince him how useful you were, you are sure your dream will come true. He will have to accept you, he will have to invite you when you prove your loyalty and then demonstrate all the ways you can help his cause.

You've already hacked into the ships computer, and gotten a hold of the intercom. This should be a piece of cake. Ah, and with that scream, your sure the killing has started, and you try to wipe the grin off your face as you run off to "check it out", replacing it with a face that, hopefully, looks suitably grim and concerned.

Cybrid Sympathizer / Snowman
You count as half a rebel towards the rebel win condition, and appear to be a Rebel when investigated.
You win if the cybrids win. You lose if the cybrid is eliminated.
You know that Toaster is the cybrid.
If Toaster attempts to night kill you, he is instead given the option of converting you.
You have access to and free use of the forum account: The Overseer
Password: mineallmine

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 15, 2010, 11:39:50 pm »

You are unit T-045-T3-R, and you are an Inquisitor//Duplicator, trojan cybrid.

Until recently, you were assigned to//stationed in a habitat//structure//colony for the human//animals, subtly damaging their defenses from the inside cause chaos//demoralization//failure. When the cybrid forces arrived, you immediately set out with the patrols to eliminate any human//animals that may have escaped.

You have been invited by a mysterious message//communication to a rendevous//meetup//hiding place of survivors. You report the situation to NEXUS, and then take full responsibility. The Cybrid war machines have imperial forces still to engage. This task//job//assignment//murder should be well within your capabilities to handle alone.

You arrive at the crashed Imperial//human ship the message indicated, and work your way inside. You find a lone human, searching//seeking food//sustenance in the pantry. You raise your small blink weapon, and promptly eliminate//disable//deactivate//kill him. His scream attracts much attention, and you hide your weapon and slip from the room, returning a short time later to find a small group of human//animals. Several of them looked armed - it may be best to play the role of a human//animal for now, until a time//place//opportunity arises in which you can continue your slaughter.

Inquisitor//Duplicator
You win if the town can no longer eliminate you.
In place of using a night ability, you may make a mafia night kill.
Whenever a player dies, you are immediately shown their full role. You may choose one of that players abilities to become your own (abilities you can steal will be highlighted). You may only have one duplicated ability at a time, and any newly chosen ability replaces the old one. This ability can be used at any time a player dies, but must be used before you make any other actions. (For example, you may steal the ability of a lynched player, but you must do it BEFORE you make your action for the night. If multiple players are killed at once, you may choose an ability to steal from only one of them.) Also not that players killed at night are not actually dead until the reveal the next morning.

As I'm sure you've figured out by now, I !noned on night one to make people think there was a replacement.  It only barely raised a flicker, and almost certainly didn't help me any.  Killing Zath was very useful, as I duplicated the ability to invite people to the Imperial chat, and invited myself, which got me Person's identity and role.  With his inspects and Toony's claim, I had all the pieces- but it was too late for me.  I couldn't get Person to vote with me to lynch Azure so I could win, so the draw was the best option.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 15, 2010, 11:50:05 pm »

Man, never !none.  If I have a night action I will always use it, it always works better than you think.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 16, 2010, 12:24:48 am »

Quote from: Role PM
Mr. Person
You are the Imperial Investigator, Officer in Earth's Imperial Army

When the ship hit the ground, you struggled to your feet to find everyone around you dead. Corpses are splayed at odd angles, injuries from the ship crashing to the ground. You don't even know how you survived - but the ship itself seems to have held together surprisingly well. Well, except for the fact that deadly air was rapidly leaking into your section of the ship. Already the foul chemicals were burning your eyes, and it was growing increasingly hot. Coughing, you stumble to the door, using a manual override to force your way through, and seal it behind you.

You're breathing much easier in this part of the ship. The emergency lighting flickers, and you wander down long hallways, trying to find ways around sealed off areas, trying to block out the sight of dozens upon dozens of dead bodies, not really knowing what your looking for.

Finally, you hear voices, and you feel something almost akin to hope. That hope is dashed when you find a group of people surrounding a dead body - the body generally untouched on side, but pretty much exploding out the back in a spray of blood and body parts. An obvious sign of cybrid anti-personel blink weaponry.

You quickly fall into the group, discovering that they'd only just met up, and they'd been on their way to find a safe place when they found... this. Worse, it wasn't an injury from the crash, which was over 8 hours ago - this body was killed less than an hour ago, and it was still warm when discovered. Worse still, perhaps, the man that was killed was the only one of this small group you recognize as part of the crew. That means the rest of these men must have come from off the ship, and that means there's a good chance they're rebels.

Potential rebels are on the ship from who knows where, and a cybrid on top of it? Things are not looking good...

You have a sinking feeling things are going to get worse before they get better.

Your attention is drawn a message on your personal communicator. Odd, its the ship's security system... telling you that a commanding officer is currently on duty, and requests your reports if you find anything out the ordinary. You did work for quite a few years as an Investigator... with at least one ally, perhaps this will be possible after all.

Imperial Investigator (Officer)
You win if all cybrids are eliminated and imperials outnumber rebels.
As an officer, you can submit a report to me for each action you take. This action will be passed on to the Imperial Commander. It should take the form "I (verbed) (player) and the result was (result)". You can lie about this, if you so wish.
Night Action: Investigates: Results are Imperial, Rebel, Unknown(if the ability fails, targets a neutral party, or targets a cybrid).
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 16, 2010, 10:35:55 am »

Ottofar -
You are a Rebel Commander and Organizer.

When the colony fell, you were one of the few civilians who were far away in a HERC, and thus safe. A tip from your network of informants had received word on the imperial lines of a huge cybrid assault force, and you'd given the signal for those who could to get the hell out of dodge - but you'd already been out on a recon mission, scouting for possible safe havens to retreat to. Without luck, you should add. Most of your men were caught by cybrid patrols, including every single one you knew personally. It was really luck that you yourself managed to survive. But you couldn't live out here forever, with no food, no water, and only a days worth of air. You were out of contact with everyone, and things didn't look good, so you were surprised when you received an interesting message.

The message, from a source you were unfamiliar with, said it was good you were still alive, that anyone was still alive, and all the survivors are meeting up at the location of an Imperial Battleship that crashed in the battle. You suspected it was a trap, but what else were you going to do? There was no where else to go, and there's a chance the message came from a rebel sympathizer who'd discovered your contact information.

You arrive at the ship, following the beacon included in the message, and work your way towards the declared meeting area. There you find a small group of others who look like they've done the same, but your initial suspcisious glances and muttered greetings are interrupted by a scream.

Your small group rushes to find a dead man, his insides blown out.

You begin to suspect this may have been a trap after all, but that anyone was still alive meant that perhaps there was a chance to come out of this on top.

Rebel Commander / Organizer -
You win if all cybrids are eliminated and rebels outnumber imperials.
You have access to the rebel quick topic. At any time, you may request I invite another player to the quicktopic for you.
http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/49FDt3anvmPv
In addition, if, at any point, another rebel player uses an ability on you, you are immediately informed of the player and ability, and given the option to cancel its effect if you so wish.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 16, 2010, 01:19:25 pm »

You are a Rebel Persuader and Saboteur

You don't know how your alive. You managed to slip past several cybrid patrols, always on the brink of being discovered. Even then, you were only granted the opportunity to slip past them because of a tip you received from the rebel network about the incoming attack. Its not like the Imperials would ever tell you anything about that.
Behind you, you knew, the last free colony on the surface of Venus had fallen. Your luck at slipping past the patrols may not have been luck at all, since it seems you were doomed to run out of oxygen and die, regardless.

Except, of course, that you'd just received another message, from an anonymous source. It said it was good you were still alive, that anyone was still alive, and all the survivors are meeting up at the location of an Imperial Battleship that crashed in the battle. There was no where else to go, and the message had to have come from someone in the rebel network. It was your only chance, and you seized on it.

You arrive at the ship, following the beacon included in the message, and work your way towards the declared meeting area. There you find a small group of others who look like they've done the same, but your initial suspicious glances and muttered greetings are interrupted by a scream.

Your small group rushes to find a dead man, his insides blown out. Perhaps your luck is finally going to run out. This man's certainly did.

Rebel Persuader / Saboteur
You win if all cybrids are eliminated and rebels outnumber imperials.
Each night, you may use one of the following abilities
Roleblock - target can not use any abilities that night or the following day. If succesfull, target is informed that they were blocked.
Persuade - Converts another player to the rebel alliance unless they are cybrid or an officer. You are uninformed of success or failure, but target is informed an attempt was made whether it suceeded or failed.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]