Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: would this utility work?  (Read 907 times)

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
would this utility work?
« on: October 31, 2010, 11:46:01 am »

The basic idea is a trading utility. I have seen so many people complain about the trade screen that I wonder why there doesn't seem to be a trader utility yet.
This would be able to filter and sort all goods based on type specific item material quality ect.

I'm not skilled enough to make something like this so maybe someone else could pick it up?
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: would this utility work?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 01:01:02 pm »

It would work if someone was crazy enough to hack memory to such heights :). I am not sure if dfhack dll allows to toggle trade/not-trade status on items, so if it doesn't then it's highly unlikely for now.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

zilpin

• Bay Watcher
  • 437 forever!
    • View Profile
Re: would this utility work?
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 01:20:53 pm »

No need for hard-core memory hacking.

A nice GUI could be made by doing screen-scraping and keystroke-dispatching.
But it would still be a lot of work.

I'm tempted, though.
The game is unplayable right now, imnsho, so my energies have gone toward utilities patching over whatever bugs I can, and a few fun mem hacking, but a DF Trader tool may be within my sights.  Not gui, though.  Too time consuming to write from scratch.

I'd probably do something simple, like give a nice list ignoring container material types, does nice sorting, does bulk selection, etc.
You know, something that lets you say "Give me all your Sunshine"  instead of "Yes to the maple barrel of sunshine, no to the willow barrel of useless crap, Yes to the oak barrel of sunshine....".