Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: tileset question  (Read 1117 times)

llamavore

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
tileset question
« on: December 21, 2007, 09:25:00 am »

i'm using guybrush's 16X16 with graphic objects, but i notice some of the trees and other graphics still look a bit like ascii text, are there any tilesets that use realistic graphics (at least for natural things like trees) i dont think things like the slope arrow or crafts need to change, but real looking trees next to ascii trees is kind of weird.

dyze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: tileset question
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 02:52:00 pm »

my guess is he left those out since many objects share the same character in the tileset.
you could try mine, it has some trees (does change the slopes and som chars used in the interface):

Red Jackard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Page
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 03:00:00 pm »

My dwarves are not your dwarves.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 03:28:00 pm »

If you're that worried about the trees, then edit guybrush's tileset to your liking, there's nothing stopping you.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

llamavore

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 07:02:00 pm »

actually, there is a giant eagle stopping me