Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dungeoneering Question  (Read 2110 times)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeoneering Question
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2010, 03:44:48 pm »

Dead elf.
Any dwarf worth his salt would be able to get through that in no time flat.

After pointing and laughing for about half an hour, of course.

Well, what else will you do with that gaint pile of dead (or kiddnapped  ;)) elfs?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeoneering Question
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2010, 06:48:07 pm »

flood gate suggestion is correct, as well as wall grate and raised bridge attached to lever. bear in mind that all these things take a few turns to activate after you pull the lever in adventure mode, so it is possible to open a floodgate, pull the lever again to close it, run through the floodgate and have it close behind you, possibly leaving your adventurer trapped forever. that might be the sort of feature you want though.

i once made a fort back in .40d that had a titan fight in a room where coloured floor tiles had fields of upright steel spikes attached to levers. there were a bunch of caged goblins that got released when you set the whole thing going. twas pretty neat, except in testing i would allways kill my companions with the lever activated spikes, they just insisted on standing in the wrong place. the delay between pulling the lever ment that on first try i pulled the lever and walked on the coloured floor, and got killed by the spike trap.

also, back in 40d, there was no way to get pressure plates working in adventure mode. dont know if that has changed yet. floodgates or grates attached to pressure plates would be a nice way to make doors.
Pages: 1 [2]