Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (38c) Mercy Killing Stonefall Trap Kill Dying Dog  (Read 557 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
(38c) Mercy Killing Stonefall Trap Kill Dying Dog
« on: May 28, 2008, 07:53:00 pm »

Alright I THINK this could have been a bug. seeing as:
1) Stonefall traps don't misfire to my knowledge
and
2) I checked over 100 topics with the work "Trap" in them.

There is this dog that has been in the fort for quite some time, it has a Red and yellow wound in two areas.

At some point I get a message "Sigun was killed by a Trap" (or something along those lines)

I check and indeed the stonefall trap did get set off.

However it shouldn't do that... I don't think

What I think happened is it died ontop of the Stonefall trap and activated some weird glitch.

Cavalcadeofcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (38c) Mercy Killing Stonefall Trap Kill Dying Dog
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 12:09:00 am »

Unconscious creatures trigger traps.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 12:27:00 am »

Alright thanks, though I am suprised it didn't happen earlier since I made walls of traps (Right now the Goblins don't seem to be comming... been over a year since the last siege, but compared that I captured their Lasher and Killed two of their important peoples... I can see why) and not only did he make it out that far, but he was actually killed on the way back in   :D

I am actually working on my Full Weapon Trap Walls.

Some other stuff happened but I am so sure it has been reported that I am not bothering to post it... but Since your looking anyhow.
A) My Mountain Slash Forest area as seemingly transformed into a Desert in the eyes of the Wildlife... Now only Two humped camels appear at the top left corner of the map... No more Wolves, Groundhogs, Marmots, foxes, or Mountain Goat come anymore (did I hunt them to extinction? I didn't know that was possible)
-A way to fix this would be nice... I had to build a lot just so my hunters could reach them... but it is too far in terms of seiges. Plus it is REALLY BORING to see only one kind of animal. I even miss those wolves who kept killing my Hunters

[ May 29, 2008: Message edited by: Neonivek ]

Tamren

• Bay Watcher
  • Two dreams away
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 12:52:00 am »

Heh mass traps  :D Some people suggested putting up standing spikes attached to a repeating lever for spike traps. I skipped the middleman and simply made my perimeter walls out of spear armed weapon traps.

I don't think they have ever caught a stray dog though

[ May 29, 2008: Message edited by: Tamren ]

Fear not the insane man. For who are you to say he does not percieve the true reality?

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 03:57:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Cavalcadeofcats:
<STRONG>Unconscious creatures trigger traps.</STRONG>
I didn't think they even had to be unconscious..  I thought animals who were only simply INJURED had a chance of setting it off even without being unconscious.  Something about being unable to avoid the trigger because of paralyzed limb or something to that effect?
I haven't had any injured animals live long enough to reach my traps before bleeding to death in order to test it.
Considering the only animals that have been injured on my fortresses are the sentries I post right outside the entrances, who discover ambushers and promptly get sliced open.  Otherwise I just butcher every animal that I can.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries