Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hospital Design?  (Read 14443 times)

Tsarwash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hospital Design?
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2010, 05:26:52 am »

Sometimes they get it right. I had a military man get injured in a danger room, broken arm, cut open chest and leg. I was completely unprepared for this, so had to hurredly build a hospital from scratch, (I didn't even have a well). I had to make bags, traction benchs and make a loom to create cloth. I had noone at all with any medical skills at all apart from suturing. I built the small hospital, one bed with table and bench next to it, and placed the bags close by. I didn't assign it a hospital zone until most of the things were in place. (I had previously bought gypsum powder) realised that soap was too long winded. All went well until I realised my assigned Doc needed a water source to make the cast. Then followed a long-winded scrabble to get a well sorted. Before this the Doc just stood next to the most furtherly muddy pool that he could find, right next to the edge of the map. Even after the well was constructed it took him an age to collect water for the cast, but finally he made it,  and the patient made a full recovery. I just thought I'd share this happy story of hospital; construction with you, as there are many many unhappy ones out there.

My advice, don't go overkill on beds, or bags. 3 beds and 4 bags are adequate. Soap is good, but i suspect it's pets who carry infection.
On the left a cannon which shoots dwarf children into the sun, on the right, a massive pit full of magma charred dwarfs and elves.

zarmazarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hospital Design?
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2010, 03:16:56 pm »

My first hospital was a large square room with 20 or so beds, each with a table next to them as well as traction bench ect... There was a well in the center with running water, as well as chest and junk. Anything my dwarves suffered short of spinal injury was healed quite exceptionally.
Pages: 1 [2]