Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 2 - Over - Mafia ULTRASUPERWIN! Toaster & Zathras ROXORZZ!!  (Read 22274 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 2 - Started - Day 1
« Reply #105 on: October 16, 2010, 12:35:27 am »

Pandarsenic, you played this wrong. Rather than actually defend yourself, you are quick to say Spade is innocent, and wait until Zathras gives you his drunk offer to say "breadbocks is scum". For this, you die.
Loophole! I never said I was going to vengekill him. I could totally say screw it and give town the easy win, and I did have my suspicions about you Zath. So I will. I didn't plan this out just right for nothing. I knew scum would admit ASAP, so all I had to do was make it seem like I'd chosen my vengekill, without actually saying it. I make suck at mafia, but I suck deviously. >:D

Vengekill Zathras.
Yeah, no. You did say you were doing that plus I posted my role. You looked like scum and I voted you and you decided to shoot me and now you're trying to cover your ass so stop it and admit you lost.

:wave: Good game!

Toaster is town.

That warmed my heart.
Well-played, Toaster. Very well-played.

Zathras: Obviously I wouldn't have self-voted, citing that it would be a violation of the "Play to Win" rule. But it would've been difficult to salvage at best, ESPECIALLY if Toaster was left alive because I would totally have thought it was Spade.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 16, 2010, 01:52:00 am »

No. I did plan it out. Just it was only a backup plan.
So you just admitted that if you'd guessed right, you would have taken the successful vengekill and been happy, but since you got it wrong you tried to weasel out of it.

This is the definition of cheating.

c) Even if that also wasn't, He'd have to vote himself next day, Toaster hammers, you still lose.
I don't think signed contracts are allowed in mafia.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 16, 2010, 02:17:26 am »

No. I did plan it out. Just it was only a backup plan.
So you just admitted that if you'd guessed right, you would have taken the successful vengekill and been happy, but since you got it wrong you tried to weasel out of it.

This is the definition of cheating.

Yes, it is. I despise cheaters. I'm making the following edict: I will not play in any game where breadbocks, that sniveling, cheating little git, is playing.

c) Even if that also wasn't, He'd have to vote himself next day, Toaster hammers, you still lose.
I don't think signed contracts are allowed in mafia.
Zathras: Obviously I wouldn't have self-voted, citing that it would be a violation of the "Play to Win" rule. But it would've been difficult to salvage at best, ESPECIALLY if Toaster was left alive because I would totally have thought it was Spade.

I find that very disappointing. I have always seen reneging on a bet as extremely dishonourable; a man is nothing without his word. Sure, this is a game where lying is paramount, but you still do what you say you're going to do, within the context where you said it. I'm glad it wasn't necessary to test it this game, Pandar, because my opinion of you would have plummeted. At least right now it's just hypotheticals. Interestingly, Toaster also called that correctly, saying that you'd vote me anyway. But I didn't want to believe it. We ran through the scenarios, and it was still a win in almost any case, but I did count on you to be true to your word.

Maybe it's just me. I guess I learned a lesson: I will not do this again in Mafia. It's not worth it, and it's better not to know. I'll just treat it like IronyOwl said: not allowed.

Just to satisfy my curiosity, and only in the context of this game that just ended: Ottofar, would you have enforced Pandar's agreement, or would you have let him vote whoever he wanted?

Live and learn.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 02:32:39 am by Zathras »
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 16, 2010, 03:22:16 am »

I find that very disappointing. I have always seen reneging on a bet as extremely dishonourable; a man is nothing without his word. Sure, this is a game where lying is paramount, but you still do what you say you're going to do, within the context where you said it.
I agree, but I sort of took the agreement as within the context of you not being confirmed scum. I suppose that's sort of a grey area, since you can hardly specify that sort of thing without admitting to it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 16, 2010, 04:24:34 am »

Pandarsenic has been vengekilled. He was a townie.

Spade has been killed in the endgame. He was a Townie

Zathras has won! He was the Mafia Godfather!

Toaster has won! He was a mafioso!

Mafia has won!

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 16, 2010, 04:26:15 am »

Hey Mod! The hammer has fallen, while the Moon was high on the sky, Pandar agreed to my impulsive bet! Toaster, Pandar and I voted Breadbocks, so he's dead. And Pandar agreed to auto-vote himself for day two -- oh, this is so in the bag!

We WIN! We RULE!

Zath, I wouldn't have enforced it.

Breadie That's pretty low.

Congrats Ottofar for a fun and well run game. Please do the formal wrap up and post chat links (or
Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 04:28:49 am by Ottofar »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 16, 2010, 07:15:19 am »

As for lynch targets, breadbocks is the most likely to make himself look scummy, but Pandar's sharp enough to notice a wagon forming on him. If we want to wagon him, we really should let Pandar or Spade start it.

FFFFFF

And yeah, I should've stuck to my convictions on Zathras. Switching to breadbocks who was... acting immeasurably stupid but wasn't scum... was a bad move.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 16, 2010, 07:16:08 am »

Also, both games went like this:

Townie looks scummy, buddies a Mafia member. I vote him and he's hammered by the very mafia member he was inexplicably buddying and he vengekills me.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 16, 2010, 12:54:54 pm »

We ran through the scenarios, and it was still a win in almost any case, but I did count on you to be true to your word.

You can't do that, mate.  This is Mafia.  One minute your word may be "I'm a townie."  The next minute, you may roll up scum... there is no "true to your word."

But yes, breadbocks, that would be cheating.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 16, 2010, 03:25:15 pm »

Also, both games went like this:

Townie looks scummy, buddies a Mafia member. I vote him and he's hammered by the very mafia member he was inexplicably buddying and he vengekills me.

No kidding. This is what I was thinking, as we waited for the vengekill:

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to this reenactment of VM1! For the town, Spade returns as the 'useless townie', Pandar again in his popular role of 'angry townie', and, substituting for Criptfeind, we welcome Breadbocks as 'the idiot townie'! Welcome, gentlefolk, and come in! The show is about to start!

Heh. I also loved that you played very differently from VM1, but with the same results: "Town lost with the votes of scum+Pandar", and "Town lost, and it was (partly) your fault" both are still equally valid. I couldn't but laugh uproariously at the symmetry.

Good game, all. I enjoyed it greatly.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 16, 2010, 09:00:25 pm »

Indeed, good game.  I thought the kill would fall on Zath, personally, but I figured Spade or Pandar would jump in to vote the other and I could easily drop the hammer.  Otto, well done.  Zath- you can never trust anyone, town or mafia in this game.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 16, 2010, 09:47:10 pm »

Zath- you can never trust anyone, town or mafia in this game.

Yeah, seriously... I've stabbed my own scumteam in the back before  ::)  This is not a field of honor.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: VM2: Game Over. We ROXORZZ!!
« Reply #117 on: October 16, 2010, 10:43:09 pm »

I hear you. I can't help but be saddened by it, but it is what it is. I'll stop expecting it. Men of honour, dens of thieves, whatever; just don't tempt people into it.

On other things, Ottofar, you may want to change the thread title for posterity, it still says "Started - Day 1". I'd suggest something more like "Game Over. Mafia ULTRASUPERWIN! Toaster & Zathras ROXORZZ!!"... or something.

ETA: Well, I changed it for this post, at least.

ETA2: HAHahahahahah! I can't believe you did! Love it!  Yo, Scumbuddy! We roxorzz!   8-]

Oh, we are so childish some days.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 04:52:06 am by Zathras »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 2 - Over - Mafia ULTRASUPERWIN! Toaster & Zathras ROXORZZ!!
« Reply #118 on: November 07, 2010, 11:30:52 pm »

Wow. I just read this. What the fuck Bread.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 2 - Over - Mafia ULTRASUPERWIN! Toaster & Zathras ROXORZZ!!
« Reply #119 on: November 08, 2010, 01:19:00 am »

Wow. I just read this. What the fuck Bread.
That's what I said.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]