Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Cybrid Mafia II Sign Up -FULL GAME - - Welcome to hell, the glitches have landed  (Read 5470 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's a REALLY short timeframe to make days last. 2 days with +12 hour extensions? We'd be lucky to get 3 RL days into day 1. The other days? Might as well forget about them, they're gonna fly by.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

this is a more generous timescale the the last game, and then one didn't have day length problems. In fact, a two or three day base was the standard when I was here. Since two votes equals an extra day, I could see us easily getting to four days if people want to keep talking.

Have the days really slowed down that much since I was last active, that this isn't enough? Every time I recall seeing a day go over 4RL days, the game died.

I suppose I could up the base to 3 days if people would prefer it. (remember weekends count as half time)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 01:10:05 pm by GlyphGryph »

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

this is a more generous timescale the the last game, and then one didn't have day length problems. In fact, a two or three day base was the standard when I was here. Since two votes equals an extra day, I could see us easily getting to four days if people want to keep talking.

Have the days really slowed down that much since I was last active, that this isn't enough? Every time I recall seeing a day go over 4RL days, the game died.

I suppose I could up the base to 3 days if people would prefer it. (remember weekends count as half time)

It's more of a "days should last longer but the games die if they do" problem.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, I pretty much object every time I've seen a day extension request. All a culture of extends does is give people excuses to put off posting. Its a pretty terrible cycle, in my opinion, and there was only once or twice I supported an extend (because there was an active, ongoing conversation that looked like it would soon come to a conclusion if given a bit more time).

The longer a day lasts, the less gets said in my experience.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pretty much. I know I'm inclined to extend games until they die. I still say that's better than a game where the days are too short, cutting off discussion.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A game that finishes is better than a game that dies any day of the week. I'd rather have a game where discussions get cut off every time than a game that dies.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A game that finishes is better than a game that dies any day of the week. I'd rather have a game where discussions get cut off every time than a game that dies.

And I want the best game experience possible, even if there's no actual resolution to that experience.

Just to let you know, your position is the obvious majority. Let that be a hint as to what you should do. If that wasn't clear enough, do nothing unless you get a bunch of bitching.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This game will hopefully start by Friday. FYI.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, guys! Handing out roles now, and I added some addendum and clarifications to the opening thread so there is, hopefully, no surprises coming structure-wise.

I will open a new thread to start the game.
Pages: 1 2 [3]